Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Well Built Vehicle
By Car Guru

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars in my 25 years of driving, (i.e Nissan Maxima, Infiniti G35, Ford Mustang, Nissan Sentra). I never imagined owning a Honda after Nissan vehicles for the last 15 years. The Accord meets my expectations in styling, performance and workmanship. I don't understand why so many people are complaining about road noise and lack of comfort. The Accord does have a firm ride which adds to good handling. I don't like mushy ride and a loose steering wheel. I find that the Accord handles better than the 3 Maximas that I owned. The interior is very roomy and well made (no squeaks and rattles that I had with Nissan). I have not had one problem in the first 90 days of ownership.

Exterior styling, roomy interior, good sound stereo, fit and finish.

There aren't many improvements except for a power option for the passenger seat.

Overall an Excellent Vehicle
By Myron Fisher

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is absolutely one of the best cars I've ever owned. Ride quality, quality of workmanship, handling, performance are all excellent. It is a fun car to drive. I can find nothing negative about this vehicle. The seats are very comfortable. This is an excellent vehicle for the price. Comparatively speaking, I consider it equal to Mercedes, Audis, and BMWs.

Navigation system, blue tooth, leather seats, rear seat leg room and comfort.

The road noise can be a bit annoying. The amount of noise depends on the road surface. I attribute this to the tires. But the road noise is just a minor thing.

Well Balanced
By Kevin

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Balanced between sufficient power (190hp) and fuel economy, between cabin space and sportiness, and excellent suspension tuning. The torque may seem delayed, but the power is there when the Vtech kicks in. The engine noise is noticeable, but it sounds nice. It's not straining to move the car. It's a lot of car for the money. Maybe not the best at anything, but really good at everything. It's a big car, make no mistake about it. Coming out of a Civic it's huge. But I wanted a big car. Maybe not "fun" to drive, but very easy to drive.

Suspension tuning - sporty for a car this size but not too firm. Vtech 4 cylinder. Transmission shifts smooth and knows where to go. Nice, sweeping dash and lots of storage cubbies. Great visibility. Cup holders actually HOLD cups when the car is moving!

Driver's left arm-rest seems low and away, and the door is high and has no ledge with the window closed to rest the arm on. When the steering wheel is tilted down it blocks the view of the instrument panel. The panel should tilt with the wheel to stay visible. Wind noise at high speed.

Paint and Brakes
By Tom Talbot

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Paint is not great. I am experiencing spotty pitting in the clear coat that is somewhat baffling. The brakes have squealed since I bought the car. The dealer offered no help except to say that Honda was aware of the problem.

The car rides nice and the back seat is a little more roomier than our 2001 Accord.

Better quality control and faster response with correcting known problems.

Got what I paid for!
By BigV

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Yes, there is some road noise, however the suspension is firm to enhance the handling which is sporty. I actually like the firm ride and road feel which offers strong cornering and good tracking. I paid $23,300.00 for EX-L version with the 4 cylinder and I'm extremely happy with the purchase. The interior is very roomy and offers good comfort. The Accord has a unique design that offers a sporty European look. I decided to go with the 4 cylinder for the fuel economy and sufficient 190 HP on a FWD. I compared to BMW 3 series and Lexus compact and decided to keep the $7,000 difference in my pocket. You can get more car but you'll have to pay extra for it!

Handling and 4 cylinder power. Interior design and comfort. XM radio is nice.

Passenger side power seats and fog lights for the EX model or reasonable upgrade cost.