Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 782 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Still a great car
By azsoonerfan

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my accord new back in July 2008. Currently have about 75,000 miles. This has a been a great car so far.
The engine is smooth and has plenty of pull.
It is a comfortable car for road trips, we frequenlty make a 5-6 hour drive to California with two small childern in the back, plenty of room for everyone.

Still love the design of the car, has the look of a 5 series BMW. We average about 23mpg, mostly city driving.
On the hwy, I have gotten up to 29mpg (setting the cruise to about 80mph).

Here are the issues with this car.
First, the door trim pops loose all the time, a quick push and it is back on, but a little annoying.
Second, the rear brakes wear out too quickly.

Smooth engine, plenty of interior space, large truck, great styling that stands the test of time, reliability, decent gas milage, great handling

Rear brakes wear out too quick - last about 25-35K miles Door trim keeps poping off Rubber timing belt that needs to be replaced every 60K miles, which is a bit expensive

Can't Wait to Sell It
By megake02

2008 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 1998 Accord Coupe was a better car - didn't need a repair until 185k. This car has proven to be reliable with nearly 80k on it (first set of brakes had to be replaced at 35k but second set it still fine at 45k). Changing lanes on the left side is downright scary due to very poor visibility and acceleration is poor.
I live in congested NJ and you have to gun it to merge onto the highways and the 4 cyl doesn't cut it.
The paint quality is also poor.
I get the car hand washed monthly but I have two rust spots already.
I see older dark colored Accords with faded paint and I am concerned
The plan is to trade it in just before 100k so I can avoid replacing the timing belt and tires.

- So far, reliable and low maintenance - Sporty exterior

- Horrible head rests that dig into the back of my head. - Slow 4 cyl engine. My 1998 Accord 4 cyl had better acceleration. - Poor paint - chipping and peeling already. - Poor visibility.

Disappointed
By nustar47

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have always been a Honda fan and it was the first car I considered when I downsized from 07 Infiniti M35 (I miss my baby).
This car has been a disappointment. Noisy and shaking over 60mph. Sound system is ok.
It has lots of room but I just can't get into it.
Kinda regretting purchase. Bluetooth won't pair to phone.

Awesome alternative to BMW/Audi
By cvdood

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Having been a Honda owner for 10yrs I wanted a change but didn't want to put up with the excessive cost of ownership of the Euro entry-luxe cars. I was going to replace my 4door Accord with the gorgeous Lexus IS350 but found this beauty on the lot and on the very first drive was sold.
So much different than the 4door, super sporty, great looks and that engine, revs upto 8000rpm and begs to be driven hard.
IMHO this is the only real life alternative to the mustang if you're looking for a sporty coupe with an eye towards your wallet and the resale value when you're ready for something new.

The screaming engine smooth gear-box ergonomics looks stereo system Fun, reliable alternative to way more expensive European alternatives, this won't break your bank in the process and it's never going to die on you. The seating position is perfect for me, 6' 245lbs. Even if you're taller than me, should fit you.

small little rattlers which are a non-issue for me. typical honda road-noise which I'm going to fix with some sound deadning materials. BT not offered, had to pay $250 extra to get that installed. better materials could have been used for something that was almost $30K new, I didn't buy it new so shouldn't complain but still an area for improvement for Honda. The rattles at low speed should be addressed for a car that's perfect otherwise.

Disappointed
By 2008accord1234

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not typical Honda.
As in the other posts, there are many rattles with this car.
I believe the cheap plastic cover over the rear speakers accounts for one.
Dash panels do not line up properly.
My brakes made it to 48k, which I guess is pretty good condsidering others' experience.
The VCM is very noticable.
On long flat highways, it constanty switches from the 4 to 3 mode which causes a shutter (and nausea).
The seats are terrible.
Way too hard and too much lumber even in the min setting.
After a road trip, your back aches from the seats and you want to throw up from the VCM.
Get 29 on the highway.
Avg 24 summer, Summer, 21 winter.

Better exterior styling than the 03-07. Lots of room. Good power.

Re-program or just dump the VCM. What is wrong with the seat designers? They must not have a spine. Go sit in a Nissan or Toyota and copy those seats.