Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 786 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Awesome ride
By Louis

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Awesome car, couldn't be happier with my purchase. Gets great gas mileage, I mostly drive city and I am currently receiving 25.5 mpg. Have the car a short time and have received many complements. Would buy this car over and over again!

Everything!

Nothing

Awesome ride EX-L V6 5AT
By Fz6biker

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Car is a Pleasure to drive from day 1. I have the diamond white pearl which is awesome with the tan interior. I just love the VCM makes the car give great mileage. It's the roomiest Accord I have ever had. Its the most comfortable Accord I have had. I have only one complaint that is the Road noise that I get from this and all the accords I have owned since 1997.

VCM, 270 watt 8 speaker audio system w/ 6 cd changer, VSA

The car has a pretty big blind spot on the rear passenger side. ROAD NOISE Honda are you listening.

Long Term Tested
By SJP

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am an avid car lover. Been researching cars for over 30-yrs. I did my homework before buying this car. Looked at everything: Camry, Altima, TSX, etc. This was the best value for the money, and thought that Honda's known reliability and resale would be a benefit. Went with the top- of-the line L, paid just under 30K. After over 30K miles not so pleased with my purchase. Brakes are the worst of any car I have owned, undersized and prone to excessive wear. Had to bring back to dealer for new Routers at 10K. Check engine light has come on twice already, each time resulting in a major repair. Fuel economy in the V- 6 is nowhere near the estimate on the sticker. Getting only 22 mpg. on average.

Technology pkg. - great navi, although needs to be able to route using the quickest method. Hands free link for cellular phones.

Hard seats, very cheap plastics in the interior, total lack of sound insulation. Audio systems in Honda's are perhaps the industry worst, and the Accord is no exception. No power, no fidelity, and high price of admission. Push-button start. HID headlights. Real ipod integration, not just line-in.

As good as it gets.
By cgyfireman

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a nice car. Fun to drive, lots of power, smooth and a great interior. Haven't noticed any problem with the vcm as reported by some. Initial gas mileage looks good too. I do find the lumbar on the driver's seat a bit uncomfortable though. Not sure if I will get used to it in time, hope so. So far a great car, looking forward to many years of Honda reliability.

Exterior looks, interior layout. Smooth powerful v-6 engine, great brakes and nice ride. Sound system is very good.

Softer lumbar support on driver's seat. Bluetooth would be nice for non-navi models. Trip computer should be added.

Terrible gas mileage
By working mom

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Don't buy this car if you want good gas mileage. I have a V-6 with Variable Cylinder Management which is supposed to let the car run on 3,4 or 6 cylinders, as needed, to improve mileage. I make a point of running in the "ECO" mode (which is car's indicator of using <6 cylinders) more often than not and drive 1/2 freeway without stop-n-go traffic, and 1/2 city on each tank - I only get 20 mpg. My BMW 530i got better mileage.

Driver's seat adjusts well for tall driver. Plenty of interior room.

Improve gas mileage. Need air/heat vents in rear. Sun visor doesn't go all the way across to adequately block sun.