Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Do NOT buy a 2008 Honda Accord
By BLUEEYEZ77

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been having NOTHING but problems with my 2008 Honda Accord. First, the steering column had to be replaced within the first month of owning it. Ever since then, my car is in, on average, once a month for servicing. The rear brakes wore at 15,000 Kms when all I drove was highway. My clutch squeaks when releasing it, but they told me it's in my head. And now, I am burning oil like there is no tomorrow - it's a brand new car!! Honda will not support its customers and fix the problems I have been telling them about for the past year! What a let down Honda - you are suppose to be the best and most reliable car on the road. Maybe I just bought a lemon. But this is my first and last Honda.

Rear Brakes, burning oil, customer service/support for customers.

Concerned
By David Rodgers

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, I love the accord, it drives and handles very well, I love the interior as well as the exterior look. However, I am concerned about the brake issue because there seems to be no recall related to this. It would be a shame for an issue like this to destroy the reputation of such a wonderful company known for reliability, dependability, and low cost of ownership. Obviously having to replace your brake pads so frequently can become very expensive very soon. How unfortunate.

styling, engine, handling

brake issue and some rattles

Brake Problem
By Charlie G

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

16,800 miles mostly highway and I needed rear brakes. Honda says it's normal wear and tear. I don't think so. Appears I am not the only one with these issues.

Styling

Fix the brakes

I didn't expect it will be like this...
By GianC

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I liked the accord coupe since the first time I saw the Concept car back in 2007... it was other level of creation for a coupe. This car has everything, it looks GREAT in and out, and the sound of the engine (V6) uuuuufffff... Amazing!!!

V6 engine and overall quality build.

Great!!
By uncrichmond

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car about 2 years now and am at 55k miles. This car is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I do a ton of driving for my job and can get up to 34 mpg driving on the hwy. You can't beat that with a car that looks and performs like the 2dr accord. The only maintenance I've had outside of oil changes and tire rotations is having to replace the rear break pads at 52k. I can't say enough about this car, if you are looking for a dependable good looking car, get the accord, you wont be disappointed.

love the styling, comfortable seats, great MPG, good audio system, low cost to maintain

It would have been nice if they put HID's for the front headlights.