Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 786 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Bad Rear Wheel Bearing Assemblies also...
By ughagain

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Thought new tires put on at 55,000 miles were noisy; ended up both rear wheel bearing assemblies were shot.
Brother-in-law recognized this at 67,500 miles and replaced.
Scarey to think how long I drove car not realizing this was problem.
Not have parts available at car parts stores as they all said these should not be worn out.
Googled and see others mention this problem. Honda need to make Accord owners aware of this major problem.
Hope they get sued again!!!
Car has 70,000 miles and on 3rd set of brakes.
Brother-in-law did for $50; 2nd set was $300 as on the road & no choice.
Honda need to make Accord owners aware of this problem.
Nissan Altima here I come...

Fun to drive...

Let your customers know of any other problems!

Glad I'm not alone....
By mrsag

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 08' with 16k miles on it. Currently it has 48800 on it and I've replaced the brakes once
(front and rear) although I am feeling like I am close to a second set already. I am also having the rattle at cold start and losing oil like crazy. Also seems to drop at idle and has even stalled a few times which is terrifying when you are at a stop on a highway!!! Dealership where I bought it is a toyo dealership so are unfamiliar with Honda issues. Did purchase a warranty through them so hoping they can figure it out after I've managed to do all the research for them.

Look of the car is great, sporty, and handles well.

Interior is loud, I agree with the paint being cheap, and the seats being uncomfortable. Just got a door ding that took all the paint with it. All in all I do like the car but am concerned about the potential damage that can be done while the car is losing oil and with the dropped rpms at idle which can cause it to stall out. Having to add a quart every 1000 miles is not normal and I only put synthetic in it so it isn't cheap. Definitely having buyers remorse and wishing I would have researched this car more before purchasing.

It's great!
By carfreak17

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think it's a great overall car, it looks great, hauls ass! Gets good mileage, and me and my wife find it very comfortable. Doesn't matter what vehicle you buy, your bound to have something fail or break. People need to remember that people build vehicles in plants where there mass assembled, so there's going to be some lazy people or accidents made when they built them. Sometimes you get a lemon, but with a Honda your pretty much getting a very well built car! Myself and all people I know that own a Honda have way less problems than people that own other vehicle brands. My only complaint is the heated seat option doesn't get very warm.

The power from a smaller engine that still gets good mileage! Great looks, comfort, reliability.

A more original style instrument cluster.

This Car Helped Save My Life
By macy1022

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 14,000 miles on it in 04/2009.
With the exception of a brake repair fairly early on I had no problems with it.
The interior did feel a little cheap compared to my two previous Honda Accords (1994, 2000), but it didn't bother me too terribly.

I was driving this car home when I was rear ended by a distracted driver.
I was stopped in traffic, and he hit me at around 50 MPH.
The force of the crash deployed the airbags and totaled out the car.
It was unrecognizable.
Yet despite the severity of the crash, I had few injuries thanks to this Honda and its safety features.
That car saved my life, and I will forever be grateful that I was driving it that day.

Safety features, moon roof, 6-CD player, heated seats, large trunk, exterior styling (it was a handsome car to look at)

The quality of the interior could have been better. Other than that, none!

HONDA NO MORE
By divakeys

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had been a Honda owner for years....Loved them.
Bought the 2008 Honda Accord, new.
Rear brakes went on it 2x before the fronts.
Honda did nothing for me....said there was a class-action law suit, and too bad for me as I was too late.
Then, it was running out of oil in between changes.
I have never put a drop of oil in any of my vehicles in between 3000 mile oil changes.
Honda said it was normal.
I could not believe that they asked me to believe this.
Then , there was no oil being pumped into the engine when I started it.
Enough for me.
I sold it, and 2 weeks later they recalled the car for the same probs. I had complained about.
They never reimbursed me for anything.
Sayonara.