Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 783 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

This Car Helped Save My Life
By macy1022

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 14,000 miles on it in 04/2009.
With the exception of a brake repair fairly early on I had no problems with it.
The interior did feel a little cheap compared to my two previous Honda Accords (1994, 2000), but it didn't bother me too terribly.

I was driving this car home when I was rear ended by a distracted driver.
I was stopped in traffic, and he hit me at around 50 MPH.
The force of the crash deployed the airbags and totaled out the car.
It was unrecognizable.
Yet despite the severity of the crash, I had few injuries thanks to this Honda and its safety features.
That car saved my life, and I will forever be grateful that I was driving it that day.

Safety features, moon roof, 6-CD player, heated seats, large trunk, exterior styling (it was a handsome car to look at)

The quality of the interior could have been better. Other than that, none!

HONDA NO MORE
By divakeys

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had been a Honda owner for years....Loved them.
Bought the 2008 Honda Accord, new.
Rear brakes went on it 2x before the fronts.
Honda did nothing for me....said there was a class-action law suit, and too bad for me as I was too late.
Then, it was running out of oil in between changes.
I have never put a drop of oil in any of my vehicles in between 3000 mile oil changes.
Honda said it was normal.
I could not believe that they asked me to believe this.
Then , there was no oil being pumped into the engine when I started it.
Enough for me.
I sold it, and 2 weeks later they recalled the car for the same probs. I had complained about.
They never reimbursed me for anything.
Sayonara.

96,000 miles in 4.5 years
By khansen0522

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, not excellent.
No major problems after 96k miles.
pluses are DECENT gas mileage. I get 27 combine with the 4cyl. very roomy, no mechnical failures.
Good solid, dependable car.
Minuses are the same as others (maybe my experiences arent quite as bad).
i just put my 3rd set of rear brakes on.
thats $260 worth. 2nd set of tires at 70k miles for $880 and a battery at 80k miles for $80.
other than that its has been normal oil changes.
I am slightly dissapointed with the paint, its not bad but i do a lot of highway driving and it doesnt hold up to the chips and bugs from the road.
Paint seems very thin. also the center console bubbled on the leather, same as others.

roomy comfortable good mpg reliable (at least up to 96k)

rattles from the trunk (was fixed but reappears) rear brakes leather on center console paint durability

Reliable car
By jthunders

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Reading some of the reviews makes me wonder if I'm just lucky or if it has to do with people driving habits. I bought this car new in 2008, to date no major maintenance has been required. I have driven 70,000 miles and have not done anything other than oil changes and got new tires a month ago. Some people complained about the rattling near the back speakers which is a recall that was rectified when I first bought the car for free. Some complained about the brakes but I havent changed the brakes yet.

It has a roomy interior and its comfortable for long trips. More than anything it is a reliable car which is why I bought it in the first place. This is my second Honda and I couldnt be happier, in the combined 9 years I have owned both cars I have basically just done oil changes, I dont even have a mechanic anymore!

There is a lot of road noise and the sound insulation is not the best. The exterior styling could be improved. A word of advice: don't take your car to the Honda dealer for maintenance, it is a HUGE ripoff.

The Biggest Mistake of my Life
By mostinfamous3

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car Oct 07 brand new with 28 miles. Today I'm sitting in pure frustration as my car now needs a 3rd timing chain replacement and no Honda Tech can expain to me why my car keeps needing timing chains, first it was the rear brake pad issue, then it was the ridiculously small battery issue, this care is a money pit. I've spent over $3500 this year just to keep transportation to work. This will be my last Honda ever..hate it too, I've been loyal to Honda since '85

Autostart.