Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Brakes, brakes and more brakes!
By namip1972

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car goes through brakes like I go through shoes, but are 5x more expensive. Dealer claims it's normal for the rear brakes to wear before the front...BS!
Now there's a grrrrrrrrr noise when I start the car for which the dealer said will cost about $800 to fix (can't remember what he exactly said was wrong). Also, windows don't automatically go up all the way in cold weather. Further, the air-con is loud. Will never ever never buy a Honda again!!!!

READ REVIEWS BEFORE YOU PURCHASE!!!
By shawnamk

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am so upset with Honda and this car!
This was my very first new car I have had.
I went with a Honda because I wanted something reliable and long lasting.
This is the complete opposite.
I had same problem with brakes at 17,000 miles, had it in the shop b/c paint was chipping around windows and bumper.
Last night it broke down and I had to get a jump at midnight in the middle of no where.
Seriously my 2.5 year old car broke down??
Its now in the shop for that and also b/c my engine sounds crazy loud and sounds like it's ticking.
Dealer said the ticking and loud engine are normal.
I need to get rid of this car so I guess I paid $15,000 to drive for 2.5 yrs.
Don't BUY!!

Color belize blue.

I think they should recall all of these cars nothing but problems. I don't want to replace brakes every 16,000 miles. Dealer said thats normal?? It's in the shop right now so I guess I will find out why it's not starting. Nothing but a piece of you know what!

Accord coupe EX-L V6
By rickyedger

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun car lots of power and cornering stability. My favorite car to date.

Neve will I buy another Honda
By Spodie

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

32,000 miles and I'm on my second set of rear brakes. Front brakes still look like the day it was drove off the lot. I'm starting to think Honda is another Toyota. Let's not do anything about it until people get killed.

Recall the rear brakes.

Needs some recalls
By McDewbie

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord new off the lot with 2 miles on it. Have had it 2 1/2 years. I'm seeing very similar reviews to my own, only it seems my car has had the symptoms from each of the other reviews. It seems to burn 1-2 quarts of oil between oil changes( and the oil light does not come on to alert me of this), road noise including power steering is obnoxious, it's had to be in the shop for 2 weeks due to some issue with the piston timing within 35,000 miles of owning, brakes are about to need to be changed for the 2nd time. Transmission appears hang in a gear too long when climbing or descending hills. Overall, I bought it for look and reliable name of Honda, but so far I'm unimpressed.

The look. Exterior design.

Recall on brakes, inspection of oil system. Also, the exhaust tip. Mine fell off 3,000 miles out of replacement warranty and the dealership refused to replace.