Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 785 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I'll buy it again
By Sam Pearlstein

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed the looks of the car and its comfort. As it is now almost 9 years old it has fallen behind in technology. The car handles well in all conditions. Where I live in Upstate NY we have to deal with large volumes of snow and a second set of wheels with snow tires allows me to get around in the worst conditions. I have enjoyed my current vehicle so much that I plan to replace it with another 6 speed, 6 cylinder manual transmission Honda Accord Coupe.

I love my Accord!
By BarbieInConn

2008 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As a 3rd-time Honda owner, I can vouch for the Accord. Once we had our child, safety was key, and I never felt unsafe in this car. Roomy, comfortable, and stylish, the Accord gas never disappointed our family.

Burns 5-6 quarts ever 3,000 miles
By Joselito86

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for a year now and it's burns 5-6 quarts of oil every oil change which is every 3,000 miles for me. I think that's a lot of oil for every oil change. I've called a several Honda dealerships about my concern but since I'm out of the warranty extension by 400 miles and by 3 months I'm not elegible for the repair with the piston the rings. Now I'm stuck so with a great car that burns a lot of oil and will end up paying more money to fix or replace the engine then what the car is worth. I definitely don't recommend the 4 cylinder 2008 Honda Accord unless your willing to carry at least 2 quarts of oil in your vehicle like I do. Until I'm decided on what to do with this vehicle that's my review

2008 Honda Accorda, automatic trans.
By JC

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car is used daily. Serviced at regular intervals. I have the 2.4 litre four cylinder engine. As a realtor, most of my business is conducted within the local county I reside in. I've read many negative reviews regarding the brake wear. My rear brake pads have been replaced at 36,000 mile intervals. This may be due to the small size of the brake pad design. The front brake pads are original and now have 93,000+ miles. There are blind spots to sides, so caution entering highways and changing lanes. Small after market mirrors are avilable to help. A very reliable and economical car. As with any car, preventative maintenance is important. "Be kind to your car and your car will be kind to you". I recommend the Honda Accord. Fuel economy 22-24 mpg local/33-35 mpg hwy.

I LOVE MY HONDA
By faithann straub

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Honda. It's so roomy and just looks great on the outside. It's extremely reliable. Great car overall. You won't regret getting this car!