Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

From Hyundai to Honda
By Odyman

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda, and WOW! Traded in my elantra at 33 MPG but with the VCM in my new Coupe, I am getting 28.4 MPG on last fill up. Love the interior and the power and speed, but not hard to beat after what I had. Drove an Altima (3.5 V-6 coupe) and the accord was a major step up and less a price.

The power combined with fuel economy, the interior leather seats are nice and the stereo (with XM) is nice.

Leather seats feel hard for a long ride, hopefully will loosen up. Seams to be a blind spot on the passenger side because of the smaller rear window.

Nice car for the price
By Jorge

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2 door Accord coupe v-6 looks and rides great. The 268 horses work just fine. The VCM works perfectly and has not given me any problems. The brakes could be better in order to stop after hard acceleration. I love the way the automatic shifts and down shifts as you are coming to a stop. If you are looking for a nice 2 door coupe this is it. My old solara was a truck next to the Accord

Looks, acceleration, cornering and overall feel of the car while you drive.

Better brakes in order to stop in a shorter distance and the annoying floating pads noise when you let go of the brake in a stop and go situation.

Pretty decent llittle car.
By Mujhunter

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car for nearly six months now and overall I am pretty satisfied with my purchase. The two door coupe is very comfortable and roomy and draws plenty of attention. The seats are decent, the interior design is excellent IMO as well as the exterior design, and thus far it has been extremely reliable. The build quality could be a tad bit better (less wind noise), but it's not horrible. I looked at a ton of cars before this purchase many of which were entry level luxury sedans costing 5-10k dollars more and could not justify buying any of them over the accord. You get a lot of car loaded with options for the money. I paid 26k for mine before tt&l.

Looks both inside and out, heated leather seats up front, dual climate control, upgraded sound system, XM radio, overall fit and finish of the car, and the amount of room this car has on the inside is just incredible for a two door coupe in my own opinion. My friends and coworkers alike love it.

Build quality could be a little better in the sense that there are few rattles from the sunroof when it's closed, headlights seem to dim or blink slightly every now and then at night, and the mpg could be better. I have a 500+hp Evolution 8 that gets the same 27 mpg that I'm getting in this car.

Gearbox and Transmission Junky
By Schuyler

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

When I first received this car 11-2007, I noticed that the it was hard to shift into 3rd gear and would often pop out of 3rd gear and was told at the dealership that this would go away at around 10,000 miles well it did not. So then they replaced the gears and a week later fourth gear went out; thus every time I tried to put it into fourth gear yesterday and it would pop out again along with making a very high pitch sound but was not raising the revs on the tach Meter. Today it made high whining sounds in every gear and I barely made it to the dealership today. The dealer had my car for two days last week and will have my car for 4 days this week, I sure hope Honda can fix this.

Nice interior design and exterior design but new transmission design is needed for the v6 manual this may be the last time I buy a Honda and I have had 2 before this that did not have problems like this.

Honda needs to improve gearbox and transmission on the manual v6 accord coupe before selling it to a customer. When Honda dealers get customers rental cars for loaner cars should be ones that have good crash ratings not a PT cruiser that has 2 out of 5 on crash test for safety of customers

Accord LX-E
By Wayne

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Beautiful car, got one of the first cars at the dealer when they came out. Very happy with the car enjoy the ride and performance. I am having early wear on the brake, shimmy at 60 mph with 20K miles on the car. Possible design issue, dealer reviewing. Mileage is disappointing.

Stereo is great for a factory option, seats are comfortable

MPG indicator or trip computer, brakes show signs of early ware, warranty does not match other models on the market.