Used 2007 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 341 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2007 Honda Accord i4 - 5mt
By jc124

2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a pre-owned 2007 Honda Accord EX-L i4-5MT,with Navigation.

Design: I'm very impressed by the design, both outside and inside.
From cubby holes/drink holders/buttons/lights, everything is pretty well laid out.
The seats are reasonably comfortable, not fantastic but reasonable enough for long trips.

Performance: 1st gear / 2nd gear are so - so, but once 3rd gear is in place, this car pulls nicely and sounds lively.

Sound: it's quite loud pulling from 1st/2nd gear, but I suppose that is typical in this generation of cars with 4 cylinder engines.
Once 3rd and especially 4th are used, it has very quiet road manners within the city.
On the highway, it's quiet in 5th gear.

Exhaust note: @ 3,000 + rpm makes it quite exhilarating to try out spirited driving once in awhile. Layout: buttons are intuitive and well laid out. The interior really is quite classy looking with the black leather. Navigation system: not overly complex. I've got the hang of it now. I've noticed a couple glitches, such as a random reset of the trip computer. I'll investigate this under my extended warranty. 5MT: this transmission shifts smoothly

Sound: 1st & 2nd gear cabin noise really are quite loud, even when you're just keeping up with traffic in the city. It'll take getting used to. Not a huge annoyance for me, but it's notable for those offended by the drone of 4 cylinders at low speeds. My understanding is that Honda has greatly improved this within 2013 models. Auto-lights: strange that Honda didn't include this simple feature, considering it's the EX-L with Navigation. Minor, but noteworthy for those used to the running lights switching to full when it gets dark. Reverse gear: sounds like a toy car backing up. Whether all manual tranny's are like this I'm not sure.

My First Honda
By ladyposche

2007 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this is my first Honda and I love it! Now, at first, I was not feeling the exterior design. But now I love lookng at it. I added some accents to it to make my car look more stylish. I do not like the fuel economy much. I thought since its a manual, my gas mileage is good. So pretty much I watch how "fast" I drive so that my car gets good mileage. Also I do not like that there is no auxillary output for the car; I ended up getting a fm transmitter so I can cintinue with what I do:)

I love the console and its' storage compartments; not to mention the stereo!

Improve fuel efficeincy, auxillary output

Do not buy this car like I did
By fcsys

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Do not buy this car you will be sorry if you do.
You will not be able to resale it, because all the dealers know that they cannot resell this car.
If you live in Hawaii you will only get 23 MPG and a car that make all kind of noises and is difficult and unpleasant to drive especially when going from auto stop to drive.
And a hill out of auto stop, good luck.
You will also be entertained by a load low harmonic pitch sound and vibration when braking from speeds over 35MPH.
The hybrid battery will only last for 4 minutes of full use then you back to charging it.
What using up gas to charge your hybrid, yep.
If you have this car I feel for you.
If you thinking about buying this car or any of the Honda hybrid models your making a mistake that will cost you 5 to 7 thousand dollars.

Leather seats

4 cylinder with out hybrid

Delighted Honda Owner!
By luckyresorts

2007 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this dream machine 2 days ago and am in love with it!
The VP has a numerous amount of features.
I paid $15K with only 15,000 super low miles!
Driving this car is like being on a cloud.
The handling is very good, no road noise, which some owners said is common in this year Accord.
When I drove it the first night on my way home, the suspension seemed a bit firm and rough, then a day or so later felt much more soft and comfortable.
I'm disappointed the car has no VP logo on the trunk.
Very strange.
Plenty of power and very smooth shifting.
The ride is so quiet, it's unbelievable.
I'm so happy with my car and recommended it to anyone looking to find forever reliability!!!

Plenty of interior and trunk space, layout of safety (6 airbags) features, crystal clear sound system (including cd player), color of interior/exterior, 4 cup holders, great mpg (24/34), tons of interior lighting, security system, remote keyless entry, super smooth ride, superb reliability, driver seat height feature, and everything else!!!

Uncomfortable seats. Too hard. No "VP" emblem/logo on trunk. Nothing else. Can't improve upon perfection!!!

MOST RELIABLE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED
By scar_cle

2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great!
Virtually unbreakable.
has 85k on it now, and only ever replaced a 20$ sensor in the radiator.
Besides tires/brakes/oil changes, its a SOLID car.. Heated seats & mirrors are a great touch, and the 6 disc CD changer is awesome for road trips!
Only downside, is that the MPG is really based on how much of a lead foot you have, if you are constantly flooring it, expect about 20-25 MPG.
The v6 model is a little more peppy, but has known issues with the transmission, also the 4cyl has a timing chain, and the 6cyl has a belt that needs to be replaced at 110k miles.(about a 500$ service) If features arent important, check the VP, not many bells & whistles but same drive/engin

heated leather/heated mirrors, 6 disc cd changer

Handling isnt quite like the newer gen (08& up). And of course, like any honda, theres wierd rattles from time to time!