Used 2006 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great engine; terrible seats
By aggiex

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in an F150 for my Accord for gas mileage. So far I am completely satisfied with the performance and mileage of the 4cyl. My biggest complaint is the front seats are rock hard and the lumbar is too high and not adjustable. I spend a lot of time driving and have constant back pain from the seats. Despite the impressive engine, I wish I could get rid of the car already because of the seats. My other complaint is the brakes are extremely touchy and lock up very easily when wet (from rain, etc.).

Engine and dash layout.

The front seats need to go all together. Not comfortable as noted above and the material (my interior is black) attracts everything. The brakes could also be a little less touchy.

Love it
By Kimberly

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Started with a Civic .. put 100,000 miles on it in a little over 2 years with absolutely no problems.. traded it in and upgraded to the Accord fully loaded. Love my car at 35,000 miles absolutely nothing has gone wrong. The ride is smooth .. there is a little road noise but is completely covered by light radio.. Love my XM and the voice activated navigation. Put tints on it and it's a head turner.. Could get better leather though.. LOVE IT ..

Voice Activated Navigation, Stereo, XM, and Everything else

New Leather... the leather is a little chintzy and easy to crack.. but besides that it's great

The rumors are true! Solid car!
By SammyC

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Smart choice, great looks, reliable and an all around solid car. Have had it for roughly a year and still glad I chose it!

Interior, very modern, and well thought out design.

Front end bumper, needed restyling, but that's only inconsequential.

Not as good as I thought
By Vertigo

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I heard how great the Accord is from this website, from my experience that was wrong. My 06 Accord was the first new car I've ever purchased. I got the extended warranty, the xylon coating, and I check its vitals (oil, tire pressure, power steering, etc) weekly. I avoid rough, pot-holed, bumpy roads (and take it real slow when they can't be avoided) yet I have had soo many problems with this car. Ex.:In under 4 months my power steering started spazzing out. I had to take it in and explain to the technician (who just wanted to top off the fluid) that the reservoir shouldn't be virtually empty that quick (lots of effort went into getting them to properly inspect it).And there are more...

Sunroof, smooth clutch, telescoping steering wheel.

Get a team of mechanics that can actually fix problems. This summer I have taken in my car five times to get the same problem fixed. It works fine for a few days then the problem comes back It used to be that they made it slightly better than before, but after this last time its worse than ever.

Fantastic car, very near to perfection
By Mundrick

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the single best bang for your buck in the $26K and under category. Easily. Ride quality, style, comfort are all incredible. Sporty looking car (the V6 has enough power to back it up but the I-4 is a few ponies short). Everyone I've had in the car has complimented it.

Great standard stereo, telescopic wheel, design of rear-end of car. So many options for not that much money.

Add 20 HP. Car is very sluggish after 65 mph. Wipers need a faster setting (just a little bit faster). Headlights need to be a bit brighter. Auto-locking doors needed. No major improvements, just minor tweaks.