Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 370 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Accord ex sedan 6 cls
By marcko24

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I ever had,I trade it for a cc passat and just ne month needed to be regret ,my cc is in the workshop , u want no problems? Buy accord

Motor, cero problems, sound,quality

Exterior design may be,

Honda's keep you safe, great family car
By kpaoff

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 2006 Honda since it was brand new. It has been my favorite car I have ever owned. It holds its retail value like no other. I called it my baby, I always wanted one when I was younger. Well I have the luxury of being able to say my baby saved my life on Tuesday when a 74 year old lady ran a red light and tboned me. My side and curtain air bags went off. My baby, my Honda saved my life, she didn't fair too well :( but she did her job like she was suppose to. After everything is settled headed to buy my second Honda Accord.

The new Hondas are pretty but I really loved the 2006 body style

One Great Car
By ha2006

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Ive owned my Accord for 1 year 5 months now. Its been a great car to me other than me having to have the transmission replaced. Dont expect yours to crap out on you though, the previous owner only had the fluid changed 1 time in 100,000 miles. Bad idea. Oh well, other than that its been great! Just usual maintenance is all its needed. It feels like a very solid car, i get 25-27 mpg routinely and all i do is drive to school and work. Its in good shape overall, i do detail it every week. The paint still looks great. Mine has 110,000 miles on it now and it still drives great. VERY smooth 4 cylinder engine and more than enough pick up, this thing is peppy! continued in favorite features section.

I change the oil every 3 months / 3000 miles because I drive only short distances. But I'm going to try and extend that to 5000 miles. My car has a maintenance minder system that tells you when, I just dont have the gumption to trust it yet. So Im overly careful. Overall great car! overall I would give it 4.5 starts for the reliability, good gas mileage, and timeless looks. If you are in the used car market find a well maintained accord and buy it! you will NOT be disappointed.

I guess it could have better breaks. Ive had them resurfaced once and they are wobbling again. Also, every morning (worse if its cold) when i cut the steering wheel to turn out of the driveway it clunks and thunks and jerks. Im sure something is wrong, I had the fluid changed, and Im gentle on it so hopefully it wont get worse.

Excellent Car - Comprehensive Review
By jc92

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Note: I have owned this car for several months, though my father owned it since March of 2005.
The 2006 Honda Accord is a pleasure to drive. It's pickup is quite responsive and powerful, its 244 HP or so is perfect for this car. I also get good mileage, about 22-23 MPG average. The interior is roomy, the seats have a good balance between cushion and support, and the leather has held up well. The ride is average, but controlled. As far as handling is concerned, it has a light feel to it and takes the curbs pretty well, though its not a German car. I will also comment that the speakers are superior to that of any luxury car I've been in, including the BMW 5 series, Acura TL, and Lincoln MKS.

Seats with a balance between cushion and support, A+ speakers, good brakes, powerful and responsive engine, good gas mileage on a V6.

I would say that Honda should try and make their cars handle more like German cars, though the handling in this car is smooth. Also, road noise is an issue and fit&finish could be better.

Totally worth it :)
By mau1740

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used 2 yrs ago with 48K miles. Today it has 103K miles and I have never had a problem with it .The only thing I have done is change the battery.
Drives excellent and is very reliable. It gets about 29 to a gallon on average.
Great car :)