Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 489 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Very Good Overall Value
By JFC

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Previously owned a 2003 Accord EXL V6, but switched to the 4 cyl. for nimbler handling/steering feel/fuel economy. Seriously considered the 2007 Camry XLE 4 cyl. & 2006 Hyundai Sonata V6 Limited, but the Accord won out for overall performance & styling, though the Sonata offered more car for the money and, in some areas, is superior to the Accord/Camry. The Accord's appeal is in doing so many things well, without any serious flaws. The reliability & resale are added bonuses.

Exterior/interior styling; driver seat comfort; high quality leather; flawless paint job; good audio system; good acceleration; ample rear leg & trunk space.

Fogs & auto mirr/homelink should be standard eqpt; VSA/Trac Control should be an option; No auto-on headlights or auto door locks; Trunk lacks storage bins & underside of trunk lid needs covering over exposed wiring, etc.

Shifting Problems
By Ted

2006 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I chose this car over the others because the Accords I drove were smooth and comfortable. The new one that was delivered for me shifts harder then the ones I drove and my daughter's '06 Accord V6/5A. I've had it to the dealer 3 times. They have reprogrammed the PCM twice and it has helped the uncomfortable shifts; but not corrected it to what I found was normal in others. Please take the car for a long drive first.

Smooth engine/trans in 5th. Manuverable. Getting about 32 MPG on highway.

Need a smooth shifting transmission. Drop the feature that slows the car going downhill. I'm used to cars idling downhill - saves gas. I have to add gas and the car doesn't shift to higher gears until the road levels out.

Honda Redeems Itself
By Alison

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Previous to this 2006 Honda Accord I owned a new 2000 Accord EX 4 cyl. for 6 years. After 5 transmissions and numerous other mechanical problems I was very anti Honda. I shopped around for months determined not to buy another Honda. I test drove everything in it's class and I was not impressed with anything. I went to a Honda dealership and drove the 2006 Accord and fell in love with it. I've had it 2 months now and my only complaints are that the exterior paint chips very easy and the car rolls a little when you go from park to drive. The gas mileage is not bad for a 6 cyl. I get about 300 miles for a tank of gas. Overall, I am very happy with this car and would recommend it.

Pickup, handling, and road response, multiple seat adjustments, audio, dual temperature controls, roomy, dual exaust and spoiler option to make car very sporty.

Better paint quality - paint chips easily and rust issues, covered cup holders in center console, full size spare tire, stiffer brakes.

A lot car for the money
By jazzbo

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car met all my expectations, in handling performance. It is quality built.

Great acceleration, comfortable ride, ease to operate and handle. All around pleasure to drive.

Automatic headlight operation, better speaker or sound system, better mileage for this model (engine), keyless or key-pad door-lock opening.

Love it
By J Milks

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

To date my Honda has been great. No problems and I have over 4k now and still have oil life of 40%. The oil does not need to be changed till 20%. Rides good and nice power.

Interior materials, intuitive controls, quiet cabin, smooth v6

No aux in, 120w stereo only, no mpg gauges, no xenons, fuel economy, no memory seats