Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 489 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car for the money
By Motor_Street

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it two weeks ago and am very pleased. 29.4 MPG in second fillup on city/country roads (no highways!). I looked at others but decided on the Accord due to fuel economy and roomy interior. I was willing to spend a few thousand more if I could get more value but couldn't justify it based on what I was getting with the Accord. I went out with my wife and another couple last night and they couldn't believe the comfort and room in the back. On the downside, I wish they would have a thermometer that it easy to access. Other annoying omissions include no mute button on the radio, no fuel economy guage and no compass!

Great car; no regrets so far
By bluecoat4

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my 06 Accord SE for about 3 weeks. Overall I'm very pleased with the car. The 4 cyclinder for the most part provides enough power. You'll notice a little sluggishness with the AC running. I love the interior. The look is clean and well thought out. The dash illumination is crisp and clear. No gaudy color combinations or cluttering displays. The ride is a little stiff, but smooth and responsive. You may notice a little road noise, however, I didn't feel it was as pronouced as I was lead to believe. Complaints.. glove box doesn't appear to line up with its surroundings, trunk feels extremely cheap. If you're looking at a basic 4 cyl EX check out the SE, you'll save a little money.

Alloy wheels; four disk brakes; keys (door and trunk controls on key); chrome tip exhaust; oil life display. I wonder if it actually works.

A better glove box design and a trunk that doesn't feel like a Neon's.

Great Value
By Alan

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Honda and I got it loaded. I have 4800 miles at this writing and I get 34.1 mpg on freeway at 65 mph, and my commute to work speed of 32 mph around town nets me 24.6 mpg. Nice interior and roomy trunk however back seat is two adults only. Acceleration is good both off line and mid speed for passing. Don't waste your money on the iPod link, it does not work worth a darn and my dealership had little experience with it. Had to take it back twice just to get the main unit to see the iPod and forget searching for your favorite album or artist they can't make it work right. Stereo is decent but could be better. The ride is firm but sporty.

GPS Navigation, sporty handling for a family sedan, acceleration when I need it, FUEL ECONOMY, nice interior. Peace of mind that I am in a comparatively "safe" car.

The firm ride equals minor rattles and excessive noise. Make doors auto lock after movement starts, fix the iPod so it lives up to the promise. Allow coordinate input for routing and allow address editing to compensate for map errors. Memory seats for two drivers.

Best Car For The Money
By Brett

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Honda has done it again! 250 horsepower and still 30 mpg! I opted for the navigation simply because of the eye candy and the great voice recognition system that comes along with it. It has superior handling to the toyota avalon and also superior performance to the ford five hundred. I spent 3 weeks flip flopping between dealers and researching the pros and cons to each vehicle and this is by far the best for the money. You can easily spend 35,000 on a car with all the features this has but you dont need to, its all here in this 30k car! The leather is very soft and the seats very comfortable. Because of the color I chose I got wood trim and it is top quality! I would greatly recommend this car

Gas mileage while still having the ability to pass cars with extreme ease. Stylish interior and quality built parts. Very solid.

The navigation system could have a few more features to make it more user friendly and also more useful in the sense of: You are trying to find a restauraunt and its trying to navigate you 300 miles away... make sense? i think not.

Very satisfied - quality vehicle
By Stan

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Accord for about 4 months, and recently returned from a 1200+ mile trip, averaging 35 mpg (mostly highway). There is more than adequate power for me with the 4cyl engine (and use of regular gas is a plus). Even though the drive is on the sporty/stiff side, it's quite comfortable. The interior is tastefully and thoughtfully designed. I feel like I'm in a luxury sports sedan without the luxury price. Not a stand-out car (seems like I'm always passing one on the street), but a solid/reliable vehicle. If only it weren't one of the top stolen vehicles in my city...

Navigation system (though not always accurate, works quite well), solid build, steering wheel controls, voice activation, smooth & fuel efficient engine; thoughtful compartments, quality leather.

Driver's seat, though appears comfortable, is hard to adjust to a comfortable position; prefer not to have climate control gauges only on the touch navigation screen (additional fan speed knob would be nice, etc); fuel gauge slightly deceptive (drops quickly at first, then levels off near midline)