Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 488 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Just perfect
By cherpitbull

2006 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It drives easily. The standard features are amazing. The style of the coupe is elegant and sporty. It's affordable luxury.

Seat ajustments

6 disc CD standard

Good car
By M.I. Evil

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda. So far everyone in my family has one. I test drove the 2006 Honda Accord EX and the the '07 Toyota Camry LE. I preferred the way the Honda felt, plus it has more HP than the Camry. My 8 yr. old daughter also prefered the Accord over the Camry because the backseat was more comfortable for her with out a headrest pushing her head forward.

I love the remote controlled windows! Roomy interior. Engine packs a punch for being a 4-banger! Panel control lighting.

Definitely need more options. Standard MP3/WMA player, the Element has it. Rear seat split folding, at least 60/40. It really comes in handy. Liquid container bin in the trunk, to avoid spillage. Reclining back seat. Is that too much to ask?

I love this car!
By striking_accord

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After getting the Accord, I found myself finding excuses to go out and drive just to be with the car. I love the smooth acceleration of the V6. The exterior styling is sleek, and I highly recommend that you fork over the extra money and get the spoiler package, because it makes the car look so much better. The interior is great, and there are so many things you can play with. Sound system is awesome, music is crisp and clear, XM is a nice little gift, and I think I will subscribe once my trial period is over.

Smooth ride (yes, the ride is smooth enough, I don't expect a car to ride like a magic carpet), interior is sexy, exterior is even sexier

Sunroof controls shouldn't be in your knee-area. I wish they also included and IPOD jack, and I would've liked it if the CD player could play mp3s

V6 '06 6spd
By Dave215

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After testing a few cars in its class I decided to buy this one due to the price and general feel of the car. It doesn't have as many of the frills as others (Maxima, TL, even '07 Camry SE) and doesn't have as much HP and torque, but was a nice ride. There's enough power and the style is conservative but sleek. Probably the only gripe I have is that the clutch is a little funny. I thought it was just my lack of skills with a stick but after letting a few of my buddies drive it and after driving a few other cars, I realized that it's the car's problem. I read a few forums and other people stated the same problem. 1st and 2nd gear is a bit picky about the way you shift and release the clutch.

Smooth gear box (Although it is a bit long between gears. That is also a contributing factor to the shifting difficulties. A short shifter should help.) "Instant Fuel" meter on screen. Nice Navi system. Voice activated features, tons of commands and is pretty accurate

Clutch could be easier to drive. It's a bit long and soft, making it hard to tell where the catch point is. HIDs would be nice or at least auto on headlights. Memory seats. MP3 playback please!Power seats for the passenger. If you call a stereo package "premium" it should include a sub

Best value for the price.
By jimh70458

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the Sonata, Camry (07), Passat, and Mazda 6 before deciding on the Accord LX SE. Although some had more equipment for the money, they all lacked in either quality, fit, finish, ride, performance, or road noise. In fact, I was really surprised when Honda's 4cyl out performed most of the of the competitor's 6cyl models. This given, that fuel economy is pretty close to EPA estimates. With 80% of my miles being in town, I am getting right at 26 MPG. My only problem so far is getting used to driving a manual again. The engine is so quiet that I sometimes forget to shift. Although this is my first experience with Honda they have certainly earned my respect and future business.

The car has a great blend of handling, performance and economy. The manual transmission is very smooth and makes it really fun car to drive. Also, it has much more legroom in the back seat then I expected.

An electronics package (fog lights, auto dimming rear view mirror, heated side mirrors, compass, outside temperature display, and homelink) should be offered. Most can be added by the dealer, but at a very high premium. Also, better insulation would reduce road rumble on rough and uneven surfaces.