Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 489 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nothing but a Honda for me
By JDF

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in our '03 CRV for a new Accord, didn't really need AWD anymore, and wanted better gas mileage. Tried the Camry XLE first, nice ride, but lacked a few features i wanted, like dual zone A/C, and didn't like the wood trim. Accord's interior is top notch, nice design, clear gauges, comfy seats, lots of storage space.

keyless entry on the key instead of a separate key fob, lots of cupholders, dual level console

split folding rear seat would add a lot of versatility

Excellent car!...FUN to drive
By Brian

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Accord a month ago and already logged 3,500 miles due to a long trip. Therefore, I have spent plenty of time in the car and can say it lives up to other positive reviews I've read. Hwy mileage was 30+ MPG and hovers around 23-25 in city/hwy mixed driving. Onto the features...the interior finish is terrific and seems way ahead of the competition. Navi sys is precise and integrates audio, climate control, and other settings into its functionality . Most importantly, this car is VERY fun to drive. The car moves in any gear, and takes off when pushed above 4K RPM's! There are sportier-handling rides, but it is still very responsive, yet comfortable on long trips.

Awesome clutch/transmission; Navigation system w/ voice commands; 17 inch wheels; interior fit and finish on par with premium sedans; plenty of space; XM radio; guage lighting; homelink; dual climate control; hard to find other Accord 6MT's on road!

More exciting exterior (I would expect the next gen to take care of this); Xenon headlights; fog lights standard

Damaged goods
By BOB

2006 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car was damaged when I purchased it from the dealer. It started showing signs of rust on the passenger door just behind the hinges. Dealer said he was aware of the problem when I purchased the certified used car, The car was only 2 months old when I bought the car. I contacted Honda and they stated that it was not their problem.

Honda Hybrid Experience
By JR Leitch

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

My 2006 Honda Hybrid has quality written all over it! This is my third Honda, and I know my next one will also be a Honda. I think Honda did an excellent job designing the suspension. The gas mileage is a little disappointing, but that is probably me being a little heavy on the gas pedal. I love it.

My favorite features are the handling and the performance.

It would be nice if it came with a sunroof.

Hybrid w/ real ooooph - very pleased
By w grant

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This Hybrid is much quicker than I expected - in fact feels like our Acura TL - Type S. Great for passing on too narrow roads. Chicago to Atlanta and return - averaged 38 mpg - w/ average highway speed of about 70 mph Fully recommend this car as is - And it's both good for the environment - and in a few years (depending on $ of gas) our bottom line total car cost.

acceleration - gas mileage - handling reliability and comfort/features

move up to higher performance tires otherwise - nothing/nada!