Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 369 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My first Accord
By Big Daddy "54"

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Shopped around looking at Accord, Camry, Mazda 6. Hands down, the best overall value with standard safety features. I've only had it for 3 weeks now. Plenty of pep in the 4 cyl. First round trip of 520 miles, mostly freeway, I averaged 38+ mpg w/5 speed manual (but I'm a conservative driver). Handling is responsive but the ride is a little stiff. Plenty of leg and head room and ample room in back seat for 2 passengers.

Smooth acceleration and shifting. Plenty of power for this old man. My boys like the fold down center arm rest/cup holder in back seat.

Suspension is too stiff. Needs smoother ride. None of the DC power supplies accomodate a in-car cig. lighter.

The best car on the road!
By Lola

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was a little skeptical about buying a brand new car. However, after purchasing this one, I have not a single regret. I absolutely love this vehicle. It's size is perfect, rides quiet, and has superb handling. Very reliable, powerful... simple yet elegant. And surprisingly, the Accord stereo system is unbelievable. It's far better than Honda's Acura TL! It's an absolute beauty all the way around.I would recommend the '06 Accord to anyone who was looking for unsurpassed quality and style.

Besides the dealer installed spoiler, I would say the feel of the leather seats, powered everything, smooth and quiet engine, excellent gas mileage. Great speed!

Wish you could use the remote to power up the windows!! Plus, the range for the remote needs improvement. There is no mute button for the stereo, so maybe they could put that in next year's model.

Without question, the best midsize car.
By daavo

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My experience with this car has been superb.The only other car that I looked at was the 07 Camry. The Accord just seems nicer all around. The ride and handling tradeoff is excellent. The iVtec four is super smooth and has plenty of power even with the auto. I love the LED tail lights and the new front end, very classy. The seats are very comfortable for long drives. I have to drive employees around town and they all comment on how nice it is. The car is very addictive to drive. I find myself driving it just to drive it and wishing my commute was longer. It is always a pleasure to get in and drive this car. I always look forward to it. Nice looking (black with beige interior).

The beautiful instruments, the way it rides over bumps, the quietness, the way it handles around corners, the feel of the switchgear, the LED taillamps, the iVtec... it really works!, the power... it feels like really smooth V6!!, the key (it just looks classy), the paint quality, the comfy seats.

It does get the EPA rated 24 in stop and go city driving with the air on constantly... I guess i just wish it was higher. The car rides and handles with aplomb but I wouldn't mind a firmer ride.

Another Winner!
By Houston Buyer

2006 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I sold my dependable Civic after 6 years and upgraded to a 2006 Accord. I'm glad they offered a VP version - the power windows feature on the LX wasn't worth the extra cost. Excellent interior layout design: simple, elegant, and functional. No ego inflation needed! I'm amazed at how quiet the ride is. Braking is a bit soft but you adjust to it. There's a lot of features built into this car such as daytime running lights, adjustable instrumentation panel brightness (love this!), and standard side airbags. Looked at the Altima and Camry but found that Honda was still the overall winner!

Quiet interior. Daytime running lights and adjustable intrument panel. Upscale cloth upholstery shows they care about creature comforts and are mindful of long-term use.

Middle console is a bit clumsy to open.

Nice car
By Bill

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven Accords for 25 years ('81 DX for 12 years, '93 EX for 13 years). After looking at what was available in the market this year that met my needs (reliable, safe, comfortable, fun), I decided on the Honda Accord. This is a fun car to drive. I hope it goes the distance like its predecessors.

Reliability, build quality, resale value, handling, low ambient noise level, simple controls, tilt & telescoping steering wheel, lots of pockets for stowing maps, drinks, sunglasses, etc.

8-way adjustable driver & passenger seats and HomeLink on the entire EX line, a more controlled / less stiff ride, better seats for long trips, vehicle stability control across more models, tire choices for a smoother ride, more powerful A/C. How about a hybrid 4cyl for better gas mileage?