Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 605 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent Value
By blkngldnj

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned my Accord for 6 1/2 years.
This was my first Honda and because of its value and reliability I have also purchased an Odyssey.
My Accord doesn't have a "look at me" appearance but it has been trouble free for 53,000 miles.
It gets 26 mpg in mixed driving and once got me 37.1 mpg on a 320 mile trip with the cruise set at 70 mph.
I will definitely consider another one when I hand this one off to my nine year old when he gets his drivers license.

Smooth 2.4L engine, gas mileage, reliability, value.

Styling of the car is somewhat plain. I'm not sure if I like the most recent model's "chunky" styling.

Got suckered in
By lexlaser

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Bought this car used 10 mos ago.
Was told we would get about 40 mpg.
Boy were we suckered!
Averages about 17 mpg in town and the best hwy mileage was about 28. Complained to dealer and was told (after the fact) that Honda only made this hybrid for a couple of years and that it was a 'disappointment' so they quit making it.
Wish we were told that before we bought it!
Was told if I drove it 'like a little old lady' I would probably get better mileage.
I swear they said that!
Car tends to vibrate loudly upon deceleration after driving several miles. No more Hondas for us.
Don't get suckered....ask questions about mileage!
I sure miss my Ford!

Navigation system nice. Heated leather seats are nice. 6-disc CD player nice. Back seat sufficient for small car. Handles nicely.

Not enough storage. Trunk small. Front seats crowded. Temperature controls are confusing.

Hondas
By Tara

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just got my accord 7 months ago i haven't had any problems with it, it has almost 67 thousand miles on it. Love it

navigation system

As Advertised
By John M

2005 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a reliable car with decent acceleration, looks and gas mileage at a reasonable cost. My Accord delivered on all accounts. I test drove the V6, but was impressed enough with 4 cylinder to go with that. I wouldn't say it's "fun" to drive, but its not a slug either. On- ramps and (reasonable) passing are no problem. I currently have 65K on the odometer and the only thing I've replaced are the tires (at 55K).

Reliability and low cost of operation. Interior controls are very intuitive and easy to operate while driving.

None. It works as advertised.

Best Drive Yet!
By driver_51

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Considering that this is my favorite car owned to date, Tenth on my list. I love to drive her daily. Second on my list is 2003 Nissan Maxima SE that was totaled prior to purchasing the Accord as a daily driver but it has out-performed everything else I have driven, I know first hand the weakness of Honda' and addressed them after purchasing the car new, Brembo Sport rotors combined with Ceramic Pads makes the brakes grab when needed, coilovers and a thicker sway bar make her handle like a dream on tight turns and Bridgestone Potenzas hold her glued to the pavement. I am a true driver that takes hold of all of Honda technology, no complaints after five years.

Comfortable seats, roomy design, ease of controls i.e. steering, radio, cruise. Love all the neat features, window roll down, LED night light, illuminated ignition switch, XM radio.

Like the Civic SI (Mugen Edition), build a sportier Accord, either coupe or sedan, America has a great romance with their cars, people will pay for it, I would!