Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 372 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Fantastic Car
By Eric

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in 07. Best value for my money hands down. car is up to 130K miles and drives like its brand new. all systems (electric, sound sun-roof, & leather) work beautify and never had a problem. Passengers and friends don't believe that I have 130K miles or that the car is 5 years old. I highly recommend this vehicle!

Middle of the Road Value
By DMM

2005 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car runs alright overall. Maintenance is medium level. Braking and road noise is fairly high, not something I expected from Honda. Also, either the front or rear brake needs replacement every year. At 71,000 miles, the oxygen sensor failed, costing 300 dollars at the dealership to repair. This seems a common failure in Honda cars.

Design simplicity; good mileage

better sound insulation to reduce noise in the passenger cabin; smoother brakes

Far below expectation
By FrustedUser

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the new from the dealer but did not buy extended warranty since I bought the Honda. The power steering was replaced at 30K miles and now the automatic transmission needs to be replaced at 45K miles. The dealer quoted $4000 for new transmission. Fuel Pump relay was replaced as part of the recall. This has been a real disappointment and this is my last Honda ever.

None.

Warranty of 3 yr / 36000 miles is very bad. Should be at least 5 year 60K miles.

Runs Like A Top
By Jim W

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were seeking something to drive together (comfortably) on longer trips. After looking around a little we found the Accord. This car has been amazing. A nice, smooth and quiet ride in a reliable vehicle is what we were looking for and is what we got. We used to dread packing things into the old car in order to take a day trip. Now we look forward to it.

Smooth ride, handles well, great looks, love the XM radio!

Was a little pricey compared to other models. We compared it to the Ford 500 for example. But does hold its value.

Reliable and ages well
By Cmurp

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2005 4Dr LX automatic new. My wife used it as a work vehicle for four years and it was bulletproof. Similar to other reviews, the brakes are the Achilles heel, had the rotors resurfaced twice so far. After the 60000 mile service, rear brakes replaced and new pads. Now no problems. Only replaced the battery and have done normal maintenance up to this point (76000 miles). Interior is simple laid out and the seat cloth ages well. Four cylinder has plenty of power and we average about 25mph in mixed driving, 32 on the highway. Very pleased with this car. So pleased that we bought another Honda product, Acura TL used this month.

Engine power and handling.

Better brakes, better stock radio.