Used 2005 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

One Suggestion
By '05 2 Dr. Coupe

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car but I do have 1 gripe; I think the heated seats control should be on the dashboard near the radio. If you just jump in the car and put a bag or pocketbook to your right (as the driver) it lands on the switch and may take awhile before you notice it's on. It was last summer this happened to me when I'm driving along and all of a sudden thinking to myself "Boy, it's hot in here!"

Beautiful looking car and great stereo. Pretty darn quick as well!

Listed in Review

luxury and performance
By new car owner

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a Honda prelude for 5 years before buying the v6 accord 6speed. I thought I would loose some handling capability but this car is better in every respect. It's faster, quieter, roomier, and has more luxury stuff like climate control and heated seats. I checked my mileage and I'm getting 27-28 mpg-pretty good for a car that zips 0-60 in under 6 sec. All I can say is that I am totally satisfied with this car-I can zip around or drive across the country and have the best of both worlds.

acceleration, handling, quietness, and it looks good!

have a one touch button to open the sunroof like the windows.

Fun , but.
By Mark Deats

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed the first year in this 6 speed coupe.The only real complaint is the light feeling of the front end when the torque steer kicks in at about 6000 rpm. I almost put in in a ditch the first time it happened. Overall it has been fun ride although I think the 2001 Accord Coupe I had handled and rode better.

Looks sharp in Black.Good power with 6 speed.

Engineer the torque steer away as some of the other manufacturers have.

HAH After a Year
By Bill Ades

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX PZEV 2dr Coupe w/Leather and Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! It provides performance without guilt. Great mileage is available and the car tells you how you're doing so that you can adjust your driving style for max. mileage. At the same time, real power and acceleration is available any time you need it. It is comfortable and responsive. I have owned it for almost a year and have encountered no manufacturing problems and have enjoyed every minute I've spent driving it. I drive 20 miles each way to work every day, half town miles and half interstate miles and average 30 mpg on those trips. Overall average is consistently 26 to 27 mpg -- 25 per cent better than my '95 Accord Wagon (170,000 miles and still going!).

Economy and performance. Handling is great and power is better!

Auto Stop is great but adding "Auto Creep" would surely save mileage. That is, when stopped in a long line of traffic, the electric motor should provide power instead of starting the gas engine when the brake is released. That is: use the electric motor in stop and go traffic.

I like it...
By Ree

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my second Honda Accord. The first was a 1997 LX sedan, the second was this 2005 EX coupe. The style is great -- very sporty, with all the features of an Acura TL, but with a much lower price tag. This car is sleek, and gets much attention as I'm driving. It's easy to handle and has great acceleration. I'm glad I chose to stick with the Honda Accord.

Sunroof, XM satellite radio, heated seats, 6-disc CD changer.

1-The interior panels s/b more durable. I have many scratches on the panel when I try to insert my key (and miss) & also on the floor panel, when I get into the car. 2-The '97 Accord had auto locks--this one doesn't! 3- The dash s/b adjusted. I can barely see over it & the seat's at its highest!