Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 605 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My High School dream car
By 92carlover

2005 Honda Accord LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Honda Accord LX 5 months ago at 159k miles. It was in good condition, minor outside damage. I was satisfied with the car. Until I noticed the great amount of gas usage. I keep my car fully maintained, oil change, tire rotation & the gas mileage still is HORRIBLE! After two months the radio light came on & off, now its not coming on AT ALL!( alot of reviews say the same thing) Has the power to get up and go overall GOOD car ! Cruise control has a malfunction as well as a HORRIBLE stereo system.

Keyless remote lets down windows, Power to go at command, Automatic lights, interior lighting when unlocked with keyless entry

Radio lighting and stereo GAS MILEAGE!

First major maintenance at 209,599
By joeydnj537

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new. I am the only driver. Original Michelin tires replaced at 40,000 with Bridgestone Potenza a 50,000 rated Z tire, which I got 70,000 from. Replaced them with Bridgestone Turanza Serenty H rated. I rotate every 15,000 and filled with nitrogen. Replaced factory brake pads only at 70,000. Made mistake using aftermarket pads which yielded on 40,000. Replaced those pads only with Honda pads original rotors without cutting. Replaced spark plugs at 130,000. Replaced starter at 160,000. Replaced catalytic converter at 180,000 with a junkyard 2006 model crash with 30,000 on it. At 210,000 front Brembo rotors, rear rotors, Honda pads, 2 O2 sensor, MAF sensor, RF axle, control arm bushing

Everything except location of power roof switch

Relocate power roof switch so both driver and passenger can control. Integrated 110v power inverter for laptop use.

It's been good to me
By mickeycasa

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda Accord new and have been the only owner. The car now has about 108,000 miles on it and I haven't had any major issues.
The only problem that just developed is that my rear passenger side door locked and I cannot get it unlocked. I will have to take it in to the dealership for this. I have it serviced regularly and could not ask for a better vehicle!
Buying a Honda was a great choice. I will be giving mine to my son in four years and expect it to last him through his last few years of high school and through college!

Reliability and great gas mileage.

Rear windshield wiper. I'd always had that in other cars and miss this feature.

Honda Lifer. Buy a Honda!
By luvmytwins1

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased car new, now has 111,000mi w/no problems. It has plenty of room, as much if not more than a SUV & very comfortable for long travel w/plenty of leg room in front seats or back. We had twins after we bought the car & it fits both car seats w/a small amount of room for someone in the middle. When our family doubled I thought we would buy something bigger & safer but quickly found out we had already purchased the car that fits everything x2, and a safe car. It's a smooth ride & very quite w/great handling. We travel once a month to see our family about 130mi away. I've never gotten out of this car & felt like I'd been driving for 2hrs. I would only sell this car for another Honda!

Comfort, room for cargo, and spacey for a family of four. Good gas mileage and great for long travel. Nice plush seating and great handling.

At night other cars flash their brights, acting as if I have my lights on, which sounds like a benefit but can be quite annoying and blinding after the first few times. It has a place in the back seat that allows you to get to the trunk but the seats don't fold down so if you're wanting anything out of the trunk it's impossible to get to it, if driving.

Perfect Car
By ericdeanftw

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my honda accord in December of 2004, and have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. The car now has 250,000 miles and is still running like a charm. Definitely a Honda owner for life!

Comfortable seats and great gas mileage!