Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 372 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Quietist Honda Ever
By TheGraduate

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have never owned a quieter car, and I have had 15 of them in the last 25 years. It has plenty of power, gets 28 mpg in rush hour traffic, has room for my family, which includes two men over 6'3", and all the features I could ever want. It was the best $22,000 we could have spent.

Economy/power balance, room, and most of all the silent operation.

8-way power seat instead of 4-way (8- way standard with leather interior, though.)

Drive Great - Not Japanese Anymore
By Jim H

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda Accord is a blast to drive, and gets reasonable, if not great, mileage. Cost to own will be in line with Honda's of the past. Honda stands behind their cars, but I did NOT expect to find any Honda that had problems direct from the factory. My car had major window seal leaks, and water in the car after the first rain. The dealership promptly fixed, but left an indelible impression on my opinion of their manufacturing process, which in my previous 3 Accords and 1 Civic were NEVER at issue. We'll see. Overall, an excellent car, and I hope to be able to write a different opinion as this car ages a bit. Jim, in Shawnee, KS

XM Satellite Radio, 6 Disc in-dash CD, and the controls placed on the steering wheel are intuitive and easy to reach without taking eyes off the road

Permit the Power Source (cigarette lighter) to stay active when the car is off! Some of us actually like to charge cell phones! Have custom upgrades available at time of order. Sunroof shields are backordered over a full YEAR!

Excellent Initial Quality
By Don Orchard

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had two weeks to scrutinize the car and it is extremely tight with no noticeable flaws in materals or contruction. The engine is a delight. With the manual transmission, it never feels underpowered. Too soon to tell what kind of mileage it will deliver. Best feature of all, the wonderfully comfortable front seats. I've owned many cars and never found more comfortable than these. (leather)

Seats, Instrumentation, engine and build quality.

Couldn't stomach the look of the cloth seats. Too dark and too bland.

Great Ride
By Laura S McQuinn

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Accord, it is comfortable and has the power I want. I felt safe on snowy roads, it is an easy driving car. I have a ittle problem with the feel of the brakes at times. I can't put my finger on it, maybe "spongy" is the best way to describe how they feel sometimes. I hope that this not a problem with the brakes. I am enjoying my Accord, both driving it and looking at it!

The look, power, and the reliabilty rating that comes along with all Hondas.

Heated side mirrors!!!

Sweet!
By pedr

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A recommended the Accord to me. I did a lot of research before getting this car and I must say I have no regrets. It’s a wonderful ride, comfortable, lots of room. I think it is the perfect family car. I can honestly say I have fun driving it.

Reliability, interior. Smooth ride.

I'd love a more powerful AC system. Make mp3 player standard.