Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 372 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Lifer. Buy a Honda!
By luvmytwins1

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased car new, now has 111,000mi w/no problems. It has plenty of room, as much if not more than a SUV & very comfortable for long travel w/plenty of leg room in front seats or back. We had twins after we bought the car & it fits both car seats w/a small amount of room for someone in the middle. When our family doubled I thought we would buy something bigger & safer but quickly found out we had already purchased the car that fits everything x2, and a safe car. It's a smooth ride & very quite w/great handling. We travel once a month to see our family about 130mi away. I've never gotten out of this car & felt like I'd been driving for 2hrs. I would only sell this car for another Honda!

Comfort, room for cargo, and spacey for a family of four. Good gas mileage and great for long travel. Nice plush seating and great handling.

At night other cars flash their brights, acting as if I have my lights on, which sounds like a benefit but can be quite annoying and blinding after the first few times. It has a place in the back seat that allows you to get to the trunk but the seats don't fold down so if you're wanting anything out of the trunk it's impossible to get to it, if driving.

Perfect Car
By ericdeanftw

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my honda accord in December of 2004, and have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. The car now has 250,000 miles and is still running like a charm. Definitely a Honda owner for life!

Comfortable seats and great gas mileage!

Excellent Value
By blkngldnj

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned my Accord for 6 1/2 years.
This was my first Honda and because of its value and reliability I have also purchased an Odyssey.
My Accord doesn't have a "look at me" appearance but it has been trouble free for 53,000 miles.
It gets 26 mpg in mixed driving and once got me 37.1 mpg on a 320 mile trip with the cruise set at 70 mph.
I will definitely consider another one when I hand this one off to my nine year old when he gets his drivers license.

Smooth 2.4L engine, gas mileage, reliability, value.

Styling of the car is somewhat plain. I'm not sure if I like the most recent model's "chunky" styling.

Hondas
By Tara

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just got my accord 7 months ago i haven't had any problems with it, it has almost 67 thousand miles on it. Love it

navigation system

Best Drive Yet!
By driver_51

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Considering that this is my favorite car owned to date, Tenth on my list. I love to drive her daily. Second on my list is 2003 Nissan Maxima SE that was totaled prior to purchasing the Accord as a daily driver but it has out-performed everything else I have driven, I know first hand the weakness of Honda' and addressed them after purchasing the car new, Brembo Sport rotors combined with Ceramic Pads makes the brakes grab when needed, coilovers and a thicker sway bar make her handle like a dream on tight turns and Bridgestone Potenzas hold her glued to the pavement. I am a true driver that takes hold of all of Honda technology, no complaints after five years.

Comfortable seats, roomy design, ease of controls i.e. steering, radio, cruise. Love all the neat features, window roll down, LED night light, illuminated ignition switch, XM radio.

Like the Civic SI (Mugen Edition), build a sportier Accord, either coupe or sedan, America has a great romance with their cars, people will pay for it, I would!