Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 605 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Wonderful car
By Keith Lefevre

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I test drove this car, plus the '05 Acura TL, and the '05 Honda Civic Hybrid. I immediately dropped the Civic because I wanted more performance, interior room, and luxury feel. The TL was great! I was close to getting it. What pushed me over the fence to get the Accord instead was it's fuel economy. In the past 5,500 miles, I've averaged 27 city, 39 hwy, and once I even got 48 MPG! I love this car and would recommend it to anybody. The suspension is smooth, yet sporty. The power is awesome. Handling is great. Very quiet ride. All controls are easily reached. Fit and finish are excellent. I even love the color! I would buy this car all over again if I had to.

The Honda Navi system is phenomenal. It's a bit pricey at $2K, but well worth the investment. Dual climate control is a marriage saver because my wife and I have different views on a comfortable temperature range. :)

Would like to see TPMS, VSA, HIDs, LED tail lamps, Acura's maintenance minder, memory seats & mirrors, spare tire, perforated leather seats, and moonroof.

Great car for a great price
By Patrick@5280

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 3rd Honda. The diff from the 98Accrd I had, to my new 05 is night and day. Blck ext/ivory int is beautiful combo! Although 4dr sed, has sure footed ride up canyons to the mountains & cruises like a dream on the open hwy at 80mph. In 6 mnths & 10k miles, has been in Denver temps from 105 to minus 15. Averaging combined 31-37 mpg in all types of traffic & weather. The smooth 4 cyl has all the get up and go I need. Heated seats supportive, stereo was good surprise, and bright gauges easy to see. Auto 5spd tranny never hunts for gear. Minor wind noise above 70.. not an issue. Lip spoiler looks great & completes rear end. This car makes my 60 mile r/t daily commute a piece of cake.

Splash guards/body design keeps snow/salt/splashback off the driver & psngr windws! XM, heated seats, 05 rear end w/red lights, 6cd changer, steering wheel controls, great gas mpg, lotsa storage cubbies, big trunk, powerful AC, airbags, 5 spoke wheels, and the "woomf" sound when you close the door.

Ditch the Mich MXV4 tires on Accords. From experience, I know there are other all season tires that are quieter in the dry & better in the snow. Make heated washers optional (they froze below 10deg). HID headlights, 1 touch open moonroof, Wish front/side cupholders accomodate Nalgene bottle.

Sound Buy
By Dean

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the third Honda Accord I have owned. I find the car to be very well built and reliable. Perhaps the auto could be a little higher off the ground to enable more view. Also I feel the head lights should have a sensor and please put heated seats in the rear.

I like the inside very much, and the Nav, is very helpful.

The brakes need to be stronger, heated seats for the rear, auto start, a little higher off the ground, cup holders on the doors, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BETTER PAINT. It chips all too easy on the front end.

Great Car
By alex

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This honda has been an answer to my prayers. It has everything you need from looks to luxury. It's interior is really quiet and the ride is very smooth.This vehicle accelerates like a V6 and handles like a sports car. This honda has a V-tec engine unlike its main competition, the toyota camry, which makes the accord accelerate a lot faster than it would without a v-tec engine. This car is really fuel efficient and spacious. What more could I say it's a Honda.

I like everything about it

none

good for the money
By Jennifer

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

have had the car for 5 months now, absolutely love it, would recommend for anyone wanting a nice car on a budget!

heated seats, xm capable, beautiful dash and radio display

auto lock on acceleration above 15, capability to exit driver's side without unlocking (have to unlock and it's very annoying)