Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 605 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

It's ok for starters
By Jayy White

2005 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The whole is great I'm getting after Christmas only problem is I have to replace the stereo because the aux port was not put in the car even though it displays on the stereo and you have to by a pie adapter if you want to save money but for this model it is hard to find now.

11years owner
By Saaid

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2005. Have 135,000 miles on it and counting without any issue.
Have only changed the wear and tear parts in the past 11 years. RUNNING STRONG!

200K Miles and still purring
By Michelle Howland

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in Oct 2004, fell in love with the pickup and go she had. It has been the cheapest car to maintain, all routine maintenance and only 1 major repair thus far, a thousand dollar a/c compressor clutch a couple of years back. My youngest son just got this car as I got my new Honda HRV 3 weeks ago!

Best car
By Paul

2005 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is definitely one I'd buy all over again. I have hardly put any money into it since buying it 5.5 years ago. It had 95,000 miles when I bought it and now has over 180,000 miles on it. Other than several suspension work, it's had zero maintenance. Worth your money! 35 mpg helps too! (On trips)

Great first car!
By Ed

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

To be specific, I have the 2005 LX Special Edition Coupe with the 2.4L I4 and 5-speed Manual. Special edition just means alloy wheels and different tires compared to the normal LX I believe.

This is the first car I've actually owned. This is also the first car I've driven with a manual transmission (and I learned how to drive manual exclusively with this car in a parking lot!). The transmission is pretty slick, the clutch is pretty forgiving as well. The engine is a little weak in the low RPM range but over 3000RPM it has all the power you need in a car this size. Just shift down to fourth if you need to merge or pass on the highway but for normal city driving it should have enough power as long as you aren't lugging it. The ride and steering feel are pretty solid for a commuter car, it's no sports car but it doesn't have dead steering feel like some other typical sedans/coupes in this size/price range.

The interior is pretty solid overall, the cluster is pretty logically laid out (I personally don't like most modern cars which try to be too complicated with soft-touch buttons and touch screens up the wazoo, makes it harder to change the AC/heat without looking!). Cloth seats does the job fine for me, saves me some pain in the summertime after a day in the parking lot sun.

My only gripes are that shifting from first to second smoothly is always very slow because first is a lot shorter (in gearing) than second. Also the B-Pillar (behind the door) is pretty much exactly where you want to look to check your blind spot, but after a while you get used to turning your head just a bit more to get around that.