Used 2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Transmission!!!!!!!!
By sweetpea2009

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX-L w/ Navigation. This is the 2nd Honda I have owned and I still owe $6,100 on it and it is sitting in a transmission shop right now :( And my quote is $3,000 to fix it. The car is only 6 years old and only has 144,000 miles on and the transmission goes out, there is something wrong with honda's Transmissions and to keep there customers happy they need to make good on their product . I really used to love Honda's but not anymore, I have changed my mind and to anyone that is getting a review on this car before you buy it, I would say that it is not a good investment and I just would not do it, I would look at a Toyota before you go this route!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda needs to come out and say that they have bad transmissions and make good on their product. I have also had problems with power steering and electrical problems. Just not a good buy if u ask me and that sad because I used to love honda's to death :( They lost a very valuable customer :( I am going to get a toyota now, at least they can admit that had a problem with there vehicles and corrected them.

Excellent Value
By Scott

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the EX V6 w/NAV new in 2004. We've put 114,000 miles on it and so far have only changed the oil and replaced the tires! We have had no problems with the brakes or transmission. The V6 gives excellent power so we can safely pass uphill if needed. Handles great - takes tight corners without making a sound.

We love the XM Radio, dual-odometer, trip computer, courtesy light, moon- roof, overall cockpit layout is smartly designed.

Could use an auto-dim rear-view mirror, free NAV updates, 12 mo. XM subscription, sunroof could tilt up a little higher. Too many voice commands to remember,and slow to respond-we never use them. Several steering wheel controls are uneccesary.

Nice face but ugly butt
By Matt

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Honda and kind of surprised I bought the 2004 because when I first saw the 2003 I was turned off by the styling. It looked as if some bean counters at Honda had to cut some where so they lopped the rear end off. It took me a good year to get use to it. When it came time to replace my 94 Accord(which we gave to our son)the 2004 still offered the most bag for the buck. All the bells and wistles for $26K was too hard to pass up. I just don't look back(at the back end of the car unless I have to). Matt-Maine

Got to love that V6 with 240hp and 30mpg's on 87 octane!!

Make it a lot easier to add things like fog lights,trunk net, window visors without having to go in for major surgery. Outpatient would be a lot easier. Lighted controls on the steering wheel. Manual 6speed on sedan.

This car is perfect
By Indiana

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a new 1986 Honda Accord DX in 1986. That car was with me through thick and thin. My new car is quite a step up. But the old car's reliability allowed for a big down payment on the new car. I test drove a BMW 325i, Infiniti G35 and Acura TL. The 2004 Honda Accord that I purchased proved to be the best buy for the money. A 240 horsepower engine that runs on regular gas sealed the deal for me. I would have liked the Acura but the Honda is the next best thing. I drive it daily and love the XM radio and Navigation. Voice recognition makes quit an impression on passengers. Leather seats are comfortable. The back seat space allows for maximum comfort rear seat passengers.

XM Radio especially in rural area that I reside. Navigation, calculator and heated seats are the bomb. A 240 horsepower engine that runs on regular gas.

Speakers could be better to accentuate the radio. But that assessment is nic- picking at perfection.

HONDA V6 WITH NAV