Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 973 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love it!
By jpayne_07

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord used with 12,000 miles on it. Now 6 years later it has 253k on it. I have NOT had a problem out of it at all. It has been a great car. Even with the high miles on it i am still averaging 33 MPG. No leaks whatsoever and still rides amazing. I plan on driving this car until it finally quits. I have put 240k miles on it and I believe i can run it for another 250k. The only problem is the paint. It has faded in a select few spots but i cant complain

Body style, fuel economy, ride is great

Paint quality

2003 ex honda
By Jim

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this Honda new and have 95,100 miles on and just had routine maintenance done to it. Great car.

Turn signals and wiper handle to close to steering wheel. Sometimes when I turn i hit the wipers.

Good car, but noisy
By Tom

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Original owner, now 7+ years old with about 70,000 miles, overall very reliable, nothing beyond regular maintenance until this year though the brakes need replacement too frequently. I had the rear first done at 20,000. Excellent mileage - 34-35 consistently on the long freeway trips, 26-28 in town mixed driving. The car is very responsive and peppy. The ride is a bit harsh however, and there is way too much road noise for a car in this class. This is my first Honda and I've been told road noise is common. My car tends to drift to the left and dealers have been unable to fully fix it. Annoying but not a huge deal.

Pretty quick and responsive for a four cyl, love the auto climate control, good sound system and comfortable seating.

harsh ride, too much road noise, trunk is big, but opening is too small to anything at all large, lacks heated mirrors.

Very pleased after 7 years
By Blake

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Accord new in 2003. It has met or exceeded all my expectations. We now have 200,000 km on the car and have made 2 unscheduled visits to the dealership. When the car was new, the low-washer-fluid sensor did not work, or was not connected. At 135,000 km the HVAC/Radio display went out and was replaced, no hassles by a good-will warranty. It's hard to find fault with this car. Clutch still works like new, very reasonable gas mileage, reasonable 4- cyl torque and Hp (161 and 160). Maintenance costs have been low. I am a true car enthusiast and while this car is not overly exciting, it does everything it is expected to do and does it well.

HVAC climate control and stereo interface are very intuitive. Sunroof. Remote power-down for all windows is great on a hot day. Smooth engine and manual transmission. Dealer installed chin spoiler and trunk spoiler give it a little something that is missing from factory appearance.

Automatic locking doors when car is up to speed. (this may be standard in the US (don't know), but it is not in Canada.

Just a suggestion
By Madame Butterfly

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car but I had a friend get me front license plate made and I cannot put on the front of my car. I see that most of these Honda's do not have a place to put a front license tag.

Sun roof, 6 disc cd changer, air conditioner (for driver and passenger), seat warmers

make all calls with a front license's plate tag, get more gas mileage