Used 2003 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 1,298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord

1,298 Total Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Fantastic car! The best ever for me.
By snowatcher

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had to write this review, as I have never felt about any car like I do about this one.
When I bought it new in February 03, I thought it was the best value compared to competition.
10 years and 150K miles later, it proved to be more than that.
It's super reliable, comfortable, runs like new, it brings the smile to my face every time I drive it.
I do my own maintenance, which is really easy on this car.
The things that went wrong: radio display (fixed by dealer for free), and brakes.
I got tired replacing pads every 40K miles, so I put on Centric rotors and Akebono pads myself - best upgrade possible! OEM level performance, but much longer life and no dust.
Highly recommended car!

Hitting 10 years
By emc8

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new Dec 02.
I only have 73k miles on it.
Reading all the other reviews I am wondering if I need to get rid of it.
In the last 14 months I have to replace 3 different sensors to the tune of $1,200.
The engine sounds louder than ever.. this is my 5th Honda and have always loved them.
My fear if I keep it is the transmission will go based on other reviews.
The exterior looks fair at best and this car has been garage kept.

Could not be more happy with my Accord!
By shehow

2003 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Short and sweet, this car is reliable and has it all. I have not had it in the shop once. Great in any terrain you put it through. You always hear people say Honda quality, well here you go. Quality all the way. I will for sure buy another honda. This car is my baby. If you are debating buying one... DO IT!!!

Reliability. Great build in and out. All around great car.

The light went out in my stereo.

Great first car!
By 03hondaaccord

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car, a 2003 Honda Accord Lx (4 cylinder w/ Automatic.) I absolutely love it, it is good looking, comfortable, affordable, and drives perfectly. I bought mine used w/ 51743 miles on it and when driving at freeway speeds (65+) there is not a single squeak or rattle. Although the interior is a tan fabric, it has been very well maintained and all seats are very comfortable. If you are looking for your first car or just a replacement, this is a perfect choice.

Manual height adjustment driver seat, Passthrough back seat, Fold down back seat, and "SULEV" engine are just a few of my favorite features. The base 160hp, 4 cylinder "SULEV" engine is almost perfect, it only falls down when overtaking on the freeway. Other than that, it is peppy enough to be all the engine you need, and unlike a high-horsepower V8, you will actually use all of what the engine has to offer more of the time.

When you open the truck with the key-fob, it pops open a good 4", then rests at 2", I think Honda should have put in a more powerful spring. (Most likely my spring needs to be replace, it is a 9 year old car.) Also, the driver and passenger front doors open pretty wide, almost too wide when you go to close them while sitting in the car. Lastly, when shutting the doors and pulling on the handles, they feel a little light, but that is just nit-picking.

I can't imagine a better car
By revs29

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am now at 196,000 miles on my Accord EX-V6 6MT which I bought CPO with 69k miles. I cannot imagine a better all-around car. I have NEVER been stranded with this car and last month went on a 2-week 5000 mile trip with it with zero problems. This car still has serious power and I routinely hit redline. It is the perfect mix of power, comfort, reliability and looks - my S2000 kills it in driving dymamics, but on most days I honestly prefer driving my Accord V6. The only issues I have had are ball joints/struts (Michigan roads!), a driver's side window regulator, and a main seal fixed under warranty. That's IT. I spend about $200/yr maintaining this car - far less than most brand new cars.

power, reliability, interior quality and comfort, amazing seats, great highway ride, fantastic gas mileage (26-28 around town, 30-32 hwy), very easy to maintain.

I wish the new Accord were this good!