Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 973 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great first car!
By 03hondaaccord

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car, a 2003 Honda Accord Lx (4 cylinder w/ Automatic.) I absolutely love it, it is good looking, comfortable, affordable, and drives perfectly. I bought mine used w/ 51743 miles on it and when driving at freeway speeds (65+) there is not a single squeak or rattle. Although the interior is a tan fabric, it has been very well maintained and all seats are very comfortable. If you are looking for your first car or just a replacement, this is a perfect choice.

Manual height adjustment driver seat, Passthrough back seat, Fold down back seat, and "SULEV" engine are just a few of my favorite features. The base 160hp, 4 cylinder "SULEV" engine is almost perfect, it only falls down when overtaking on the freeway. Other than that, it is peppy enough to be all the engine you need, and unlike a high-horsepower V8, you will actually use all of what the engine has to offer more of the time.

When you open the truck with the key-fob, it pops open a good 4", then rests at 2", I think Honda should have put in a more powerful spring. (Most likely my spring needs to be replace, it is a 9 year old car.) Also, the driver and passenger front doors open pretty wide, almost too wide when you go to close them while sitting in the car. Lastly, when shutting the doors and pulling on the handles, they feel a little light, but that is just nit-picking.

2003 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr
By hollandsc

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Background: original owner, 148k miles, new transaxle @ 45k, new output shaft oil seal @ 145k, new struts @ 145k, and every warning light that could have come on has come on.
I need to mention that it has been in four wrecks – all due to being hit from behind while stopped.
With this said, I do all repair work myself on this car and all of my other cars.
This Honda is a little “touchy” because of the number of sensors.
This is good or bad; good if you fix the issue because the car knows if there is an issue or bad if you want to ignore the problem and don’t want to know about it.
Parts are readily available, cheep & the car is easy to fix.
No matter the car (I have had just about every

Bad MechanicaL Design & Poor reliability
By newstripes

2003 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My experience with this car has been far from the perception og Hondas go forever, are reliable and great quality.

We are experiencing the well known problems of excess oil consumption & timing chain issues. It seems the design of the engine & car makes it very dificult & costly to repair this requiring about 14hours of Labor according to our Honda Dealer. This car usues the most oil of any car i ever owned (3L per 5K) and has cost the most to maintain this year at so far $2000! Now This $2000+!!! all at 80,000 miles (130K Km).

Honda needs to address this common problem witha recall or extended warranty as most cars that need a timing Belt are well under $1000 to repair. As for the Accords common consumption of 1lite of oil per 1500 miles I think is shit! I have had several vehicles that went over 150,000 miles using less oil over 10,000 miles. Not what I expected from the manufacturers reputation for quality, durability and reliability.................

The One!
By pbconspiracy

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this used in 2010 with 50k miles.
Now at 77k miles.
Not a single issue.
After 1.5 years and 27,000 miles, I understand the Accord marketing slogan "The One".
This is hands-down the best car I've ever owned.
The performance of the 4 cyl engine is better than V6's I've owned in the past.
This car is comfortable, smooth, sporty; perfect.

Everything

Nothing

Outstanding 03 Accord
By movinwest

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a new 03 accord lx with a manual transmission.
I purchased the car instead of a nissan z or an audi a4 as I thought I would be practical for once.
During 200,000 trouble free miles the car won me over with a combination of enjoyable driving dynamics, all around practicality and reliability.
The only repairs other than brake pads and two batteries, was an oxygen sensor which needed replacement costing a little over $100.
The build quality is certainly a high point for this car as it seemed as solid at 200k as when it was new.
The mileage was tremendous as on one trip I got up to 36 mpg on the highway.
A tremendous value.

Build Quality, Reliability, Ergonomics.