Used 2003 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 325 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By ken zimmerman

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was specific in what I wanted in 2003 with the Honda Coupe six cy. manual. I am glad that I did. It has been a truly exceptional car to own - a real joy to drive. Until the 2008 remodel, there was no real reason to consider trading because the 2003 has been essentially the same as the 2007. But the 2008 is a looker.

Manual transmission, ride, performance and style

I would still like to have seen the engine be a bit larger - which has been addressed with the 2008

Favorite one so far
By julie

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has been my favorite vehicle so far. It is fun to drive and looks great. The interior is designed with the passenger's comfort in mind and is very aesthetically pleasing. The car had better options that my Lexus RX300 and a better finish and quality. Living in NY the only problem is in the snow, but I added snow tires and they made a big difference. The handling is tight and the ride is fun and comfortable. I drive 105 miles a day and the V6 has been a lot of fun. The only thing I would have asked for: bluetooth, but I know this is now an option on the newer models. Why I no longer own it? I am buying a 2008 4 Cyl for better gas mileage and I wanted a 4 dr.

Color combination: White with Tan leather, wood grain accents Overall interior; layout of all controls, center console, audio, 6 CD changer, comfortable seats, large trunk, sunroof, etc... On the road; good pick up, so much fun to drive, great handling! I would rather drive this than my Lexus

It takes a little while to get used to the blind spots. Slow in the snow/ ice is key (but I guess that's with any vehicle)

Not what I expected
By David

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car overall. Some issues I did not believe were Honda issues have come up. Cabin squeeks everywhere, brakes over sensitive and now the rotors shake with 49k miles. I am the second owner, appears brakes have been replaced before. Paint chips all over. Great car to drive but build quaility is below Honda standards. Plenty of power for a 4 cyl.

Seats are great, very confortable ride.

Honda should spend some money on paint, fix the brakes, and correct the squeeks/rattles in the cabin.

Love my Accord
By CrazieAccord

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So far my Accord has held up wonderfully. I love the fact that I can fit two adults in the back and they aren't cramped. Fuel mileage is a big plus, I usually average 26 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving (mostly highway). The only issue I have is the rear window needs a wiper, water seems to just sit on the back window and makes it kind of annoying to look out of. I would (and do) recommend the 7th generation (03+) accord to anyone.

Styling of the interior and exterior, comfort and gas mileage.

Rear window wiper blade and tighter closing glove box.

First Year Blues
By Charles

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Honda has dropped the ball with regards to build quality on the 2003 Accord Coupe. By all measures, the car should be a joy to drive, but unfortunately it suffers from 1st year engineering and quality failures. Starting at about 5000 miles, squeaks and rattles crept in to destroying any perception of Honda quality. The radio head unit went out and had to be replaced. The ABS quit working and sensors had to be replaced. A surging idle issue rendered the car nearly undriveable. All of this was before it had 30,000 miles on the clock. I bought this car with the hope of keeping it for many years, but I'm sad to say that I'm fed up. Beware of the 2003 Accord Coupe.

Excellent ergonomics, very good gas mileage, comfortable for the highway.

Focus on build quality. Eliminate squeaks and rattles. Get back to what made Honda Honda.