Used 2003 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 1,298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord

1,298 Total Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Failed Transmission
By willm3

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car but transmission is not dependable. I would not buy this car unless you are a transmission mechanic.

Replace transmission and fix power steering pump noise.

Scared
By bigjohn112

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I had read more reviews before buying this car for my daughters first. I found this car at a dealer. One owner, 119K, no wrecks, no damage. Car looked a drove great. AC did not blow as cold as I thought it should but they checked it and replaced a sensor. I am going to change the transmission fluid as soon as possible. But with all the talk about tranny problems I find myself listening for odd noised and weird shifting . We have only had it a few days, but may end up wishing I had got a 2004+

Nice car. Comfortable and plenty of power for the size

Faithful Honda owner..a little rattled.
By ajhall

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Accord, also the first car I have ever bought without researching. My thoughts were "it's an Accord. I'm safe". Currently have 80k miles on it.

The car has been great, plenty of fun to drive and ample room although the trunk is a little small. What you've read about transmission issues are true. Mine is going in the shop this week for a rebuild around 3k in price. Honda has seem to correct the issue in later models and has been known to split the tranny rebuild with you since losing a class action suit, but it's a little shameful to have to do on a car so young. I'm going to keep it 300k+ miles.

Not my last Accord, but research each car individually before buying.

Peppiness of engine, crisp sound system, great egronomics, extremely quiet and solid drive even at high speeds, great reliability, easy to work on, I would definitely buy my car again or recommend to others.

Rear cupholders seem like an afterthought, trunk opening isn't so generous, expect transmission issues in the future unless yours has been updated

So far so good
By dannyboy

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my new Accord LX in 2003.
I still average 35 MPH on the freeway. The only problems I have encountered were the gear shift knob ($20) and the brake light switch ($150). So far no transmission problems. Brakes still good.

Not So Sure About Honda Anymore
By uthookem

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this used in 2007 with 60, 000 from a Honda dealership. I always noticed that this car didn't have the smoothest downshifting, but other than that, it was great. I'm now at 125, 000 and it shifts hard quite a bit. Within the past months on 2 occasions it has refused to accelerate with my foot on the gas, and the check engine and TCS lights immediately come on. After reading many other reviews and complaints about this car, I'm sure I know what's about to happen...

The body style and interior are very nice and built well, true quality. However, the problems await under the hood of the car.

Transmission.