Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 973 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Scared
By bigjohn112

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I had read more reviews before buying this car for my daughters first. I found this car at a dealer. One owner, 119K, no wrecks, no damage. Car looked a drove great. AC did not blow as cold as I thought it should but they checked it and replaced a sensor. I am going to change the transmission fluid as soon as possible. But with all the talk about tranny problems I find myself listening for odd noised and weird shifting . We have only had it a few days, but may end up wishing I had got a 2004+

Nice car. Comfortable and plenty of power for the size

So far so good
By dannyboy

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my new Accord LX in 2003.
I still average 35 MPH on the freeway. The only problems I have encountered were the gear shift knob ($20) and the brake light switch ($150). So far no transmission problems. Brakes still good.

Not So Sure About Honda Anymore
By uthookem

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this used in 2007 with 60, 000 from a Honda dealership. I always noticed that this car didn't have the smoothest downshifting, but other than that, it was great. I'm now at 125, 000 and it shifts hard quite a bit. Within the past months on 2 occasions it has refused to accelerate with my foot on the gas, and the check engine and TCS lights immediately come on. After reading many other reviews and complaints about this car, I'm sure I know what's about to happen...

The body style and interior are very nice and built well, true quality. However, the problems await under the hood of the car.

Transmission.

Fantastic car! The best ever for me.
By snowatcher

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had to write this review, as I have never felt about any car like I do about this one.
When I bought it new in February 03, I thought it was the best value compared to competition.
10 years and 150K miles later, it proved to be more than that.
It's super reliable, comfortable, runs like new, it brings the smile to my face every time I drive it.
I do my own maintenance, which is really easy on this car.
The things that went wrong: radio display (fixed by dealer for free), and brakes.
I got tired replacing pads every 40K miles, so I put on Centric rotors and Akebono pads myself - best upgrade possible! OEM level performance, but much longer life and no dust.
Highly recommended car!

Hitting 10 years
By emc8

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new Dec 02.
I only have 73k miles on it.
Reading all the other reviews I am wondering if I need to get rid of it.
In the last 14 months I have to replace 3 different sensors to the tune of $1,200.
The engine sounds louder than ever.. this is my 5th Honda and have always loved them.
My fear if I keep it is the transmission will go based on other reviews.
The exterior looks fair at best and this car has been garage kept.