Used 2003 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 1,298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord

1,298 Total Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Next time, go with the 4 banger.
By Danny

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Car drives smooth and much improved over the previous model. Mileage around town stinks because the auto tranny doesn't allow 5th gear until 48MPH. It rates 20 city 28 hwy and have never achieved more than 24, even with pure highway driving. I've had miscellaneous electrical glitches (switches and radio backlight going out) which is not typical of Honda.

Seats are comfortable, cabin is quiet and engine is very powerful.

Brakes are inadequate for a vehicle of this size. Learn from the Germans, my VW GLI has way larger brakes which lasted twice as long. More than one slow down from Turnpike speed and fade is imminent.

Honda Reliability
By NorthDallasTexas

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

03 Honda Accord EX Sedan 4cyl with auto and NAV. Great design, GREAT interior comfort! Room for 5 midsize adults. 23-28.5 mpg city 31.2-35.0 mpg highway What other sedan of this size can compete? I love the Navigation, VERY easy to use. Ambient lighting is neat. 6 cd changer is good, steering wheel controls GREAT for people who use to take there eyes off the road (like me) at 72,000 miles starting to "putt putt" a little. I'm 6 foot 1 and hit my knee's under the steering column everytime I get out! I don't feel that the brakes, braking system and ABS system work as good as they can. Feels like you're stopping a Suburban, not a midsize sedan.

Overall comfort, Navigation, telescopic steering, 6 cd changer, design of car, gas mileage, gas mileage & gas mileage!

Brakes (The whole system) amount of plastic under the steering column, air vents for passengers in back seat, fewer rattles at 70k, cost of scheduled maint.

What a set of wheels!
By carolina08

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased with 72k miles as certified used vehicle. Love the power, though it has almost gotten me in trouble a few times. I have avoided several accidents in this car thanks to the agile handling and intelligent abs system. Did have the problem with the radio in April but dealer replaced it under good faith (though my certified warranty would have covered it). Only repair I have had to make is replace a brake light switch that won't let the car be put into gear if it goes out. It cost me 8 dollars and I was able to install it myself! I drove a brand new civic before I bought my accord for more room. This accord with over 86,000 miles runs just as well as my brand new civic! ITS A HONDA!!!!

Heated seats, window rolldown on remote, very powerful but efficient V6 engine

Better fuel economy...I know its a V6, but its still a Honda!

My Fourth Honda Accord LX
By Honda Accord

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Honda Accord LX. I have found them to be extremely reliable. The styling is above average. They are a very practical and a fun car to own.

Excellent performance while still providing good gas mileage.

The quality of the material used for the interior upholstery on my 2003 Honda Accord does not appear to be quite as good as on earlier models.

No regrets!
By jec

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in 2003 and after putting 37k miles on it I have only praises. No problems with anything. The dealer did redo my brakes all the way around at about 18k due to a service bulletin, but nothing else has needed servicing.

Best features are the center controls, pass-through trunk, and dashboard.

Relocate the trunk/gas release off the floor. Move the moonroof control from the left of the steering wheel to the top/center by the moonroof - more normal to find it there.