Used 2003 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 1,298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Accord V6 Coupe
By mac

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best Car I Have Ever Owned. Three Years Old and haven't had any problems. the Dealer was very easy to deal with and their service (oil changes only so far) is great.

Fantastic car ,
By Claudia Bittner

2003 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Beautiful car. Fun to drive. When you step on the gas it goes and when you step on the brake it stops. Can really get you out of some tight spots. A really neat automobile. It's a Honda!. I remember the ad on this particular Honda, was the guy that went to the Dr. with the lead foot. Dr. I don't what's wrong every since I bought my new car...

Styling is sharp.

Only thing I think would make it better is if they could increae the gas mileage.

Don't Buy This Car!
By Squirrel

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would not recommend this car to anyone I know. I regret the day that I traded in my Honda Civic for this car. I have 50,000 miles on the car and nothing but problems with it. I am hoping to trade it in soon. The air conditioner went just after the warranty expired and cost $900 to fix. Now it makes a grinding sound everytime you turn it on. Brake sensors have gone bad, drivers window motor has been replaced 2 times already. The wheel cylinders have gone. The car used to have lots of pickup and was fun to drove but now it struggles up hills. Also, interior is cheap. Carpet is pulling up already and the plastic scratches very easily. The paint also is chipped more than it should.

Sound system. Trunk space.

Brakes, interior parts, overall build quality of vehicle.

Great car, but the brakes are terrible.
By stburt

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first new car I have ever owned. It is taken care of meticulously. It has 40000 on it, the brakes have been done twice, the head unit once, and there is a rattle on the pax side. It's fast for a sedan. Louder than it should be on the highway. It's comfortable in all seats. Would I buy another one? Probably, but I'll look around.

Audio, steering wheel controls, and heated seats

Good car
By hoinda owner

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car brand new in 2002 with 7 miles on it. When I traded it in 7/06 I had 100,348 miles. Overall the car is good. The brakes are a little difficult to determine if they need replacing, I had a problem with my A/C making a noise when I was driving. I took it to the dealer 3 times and it never made the noise. At 100K A/C stopped working. Only the passenger side would get cold. Very reliable car, fun to drive, low maintence. The only thing I did was change brakes, tires and oil, and the car was fine for the first 100k. Watch out for the AC. Just because the dealer says there's no problem it may come back to haunt you or the next owner 90k miles later

Bright display, windows roll down with the key, sound system. Lots of cup holders, love that! Lots of trunk space. Very roomy

Seats could be made different. Put light on the mirror control, and active headrests would be great for long driving trips.