Used 2003 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 1,298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord

1,298 Total Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

flawed design, unsafe, low quality
By jinrui

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since buying this car, I have experienced many problems. First, the LCD screen suddenly became dark for no reason in 2004. The dealer said this is a design defect and replaced it after one month. In 2005, during a regular maintenance in a dealer, we were told the car was leaking transmission oil. Last November, we went to Chicago at noon and parked on a street (a lot of traffic at the time). Coming back in half an hour, we found someone had sneaked into the car and stole all our expensive items. No prizing signs on the doors. Sure, we locked the car before we left. It seems the Honda anti-thief alarm system malfunctioned.

Nearly Flawless
By Stoney

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this new and have been extremely pleased with the performance, reliability, and overall "functionality." Our 4 cylinder LX accelerates and handles well. The fuel economy is very good. Seat comfort is excellent despite the lack of lumbar adjustment. Repairs have been minimal - oil changes, tire rotation, and new brake pads (typical for 50% city driving). If you buy this car used, be sure to pull a CarFax because there are thousands of "totalled" Accords out there being sold - and it is hard to restore a heavily damaged car to original specs.

Comfort, fuel economy, and overall handling. Interior is laid out very well.

Honda needs to re-introduce the Accord Wagon.

3 years review
By cxvargas

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Dealer took care of two recalls, machined rotors-replaced front pads and reverse condition re-program computer, no big issues. Paint chips easily, the drivers window fails to go up or down during cold weather and the check engine light is on. All fluids are fine and with 47k miles maintenance is not due until the 50k. The wife decided to have the 50k maintenance done early to check the p/w and the engine light. I'm starting to lose confidence on this car and that is a pity because the wife is happy and is really comfortable and superior to the domestic’s offerings. I'm not sure if I will buy Honda again based on my recent experience. Let's see.

Comfortable, low-easy maintenance.

Improve paint quality.

Honda is NOT the best car for the money
By Steve

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

JUNK. Three times back to dealer for leaking "shift selector shaft seal"; recall kit for 2nd gear done at 11,000 miles. "Grade logic sensor" causes high rpms as brakes applied downhill; dealer charged me $1,000 for a break job at 60k mi. Passenger side power door lock broke at around 40k mi (I hardly ever use the passenger side door) Radiator blew at 50k mi $400 repair. 36k "maintenance" was a $300 oil change; 65k mi trans fluid full, yet appears burnt. Svc. bulletin calls to replace at 120k mi?? Plastic wrap seal around window/door edges is warping and unraveling at 50k mi (2yrs ownership) WORST car I've ever owned. Can't wait to sell it and buy American.

quick acceleration

Better visibility. Poor interior comfort in back seat. Mechanical problems with tranny quality of assembly with radiator; internal tranny components; various sensors

LUV MY HONDA
By vcareatti

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First set of brakes went at 12,500; think Landmark took me since I'm now at over 50K on my second set (done by my favorite service station) and still going strong). Have to be careful since there is a lot of horses under the hood; first speeding ticket since I been driving. The brakes have really saved me when fools in front of me stop for no reason whatsoever.

Navigation system; I'd be lost without it; especially in Ft. Lauderdale with all those canals. Cruise control holds true.

Navigation system is difficult to see in sunlight if you have the T top open; voice commands aren't readily understood and have to be repeated. This problem hasn't been corrected, since I was just in a 06 Acura and the commands were all fouled up. The mike needs to be moved closer to the driver.