Used 2002 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 378 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Fantastic
By Amanda

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love Honda without a doubt. I've had 2 Accords and one Civic and I probably would've kept them all except 1 was totaled in a crash (not my fault) and the other Accord was damaged by hail. The Civic was tried and true but I wanted to upgrade. I have had nothing but luck with Hondas. They have held up and been nothing but good for me. GREAT gas mileage on all of them. Awesome ride, nice and smooth and they keep going, and going and going. I am completely spoiled by Honda and refuse to buy nothing else.

I will never buy a Honda again
By Dawn Desser

2002 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am on my 3rd Honda. My 2002 Accord only has 76,000 miles on it and the transmission went out. Cost me $3000.00 prior to that I had to replace the timing belt - had an oil leak also the master cylinder! Total in the past 4 months a whopping $4500.00. No recalls to speak of and HONDA AMERICA wouldn't do anything to assist. I have all my service records and always go to the HONDA dealership for repairs. HONDA has lost me as a customer forever.

There should be a recall on transmission.

I'll NEVER buy HONDA again!
By cheliaj

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2001. The transmission went out at 70,000 in spite of doing all scheduled maintenance. Honda Corp of American wouldn't help or discuss the matter. They refuse to acknowledge that my transmission should of been recalled with the rest of the recall transmission. The paint job was totally gone in the 8th year. I replaced the transmission with a new transmission, and now unsure if that transmission was any good. I always loved Toyota and wanted to try Accord out of curiosity. I'm totally going back to Toyota and take my chances. At least Toyota will "man up to their product". Honda hides and denies the obvious. I've driven this car for 9 years out of necessity.

body style

Better transmission. More dedicated customer service. Honda need to acknowledge all their issues on all year models. Need better paint jobs, I see so many Hondas with the paint gone or worn.

Transmission Failure
By Jana

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've 2002 Accord SE and my transmission started slipping when I hit the acceleration from 0 to 20 with check engine lights on, and on further tests Honda declares a BAD TRANSMISSION at 96,400 miles. It looks like I'm not alone here and I strongly wish Honda to recall this model.

NONE

Better transmission

Transmission problems
By Ed

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new. Loved it until around 65k when the transmission gave out. $3000 to replace and no problems since. Honda really needs to pony up for the faulty transmissions on this year similarly to the recall on 2001 models

Ride, handling