Used 2002 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nice EX V-6 Coupe
By Matt

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my EX-V6 coupe about six months ago and do not regret my decision. Have owned two Hondas previously, a 1993 and a 2001, both four cylinders. You can really tell the difference in the V6, much smoother at idle, much quieter, and easier to go around town. Get about 25 on the highway and about 20 in the city. The interior is very nicely laid out, everything is very clear and easy to reach. The auto climate control, sunroof, and leather sport seats add a lot of comfort. The trunk is large enough for many golf bags. The exterior is very nice looking as well, especially with the spoiler and exhaust tips. Just need some fogs. All I need is some better tires, way too loud.

V6 performance and smoothness, ride quality, great interior quality, big trunk, smooth exterior with nice 16" wheels, reliable.

Heated seats should have been an option on a 2002 model (they finally came in 2003), front seats should be able to move forward like passenger seat for easier access.

Honda should be ashamed!
By Disappointed

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car a few years ago. It had almost 50k miles on it. A year later I had to replace the transmission. A good thing that I had a warranty. About 9 months later, the check engine light came on. Autozone says it's a transmission problem. Take it to Aamco and they don't know what the problem is. In the last 3 months I have smelled transmission fluid burning. I'm not paying Honda a dime for a diagnostic. I'm just gonna buy something else. The sad part is that Honda knows this is a problem with this model. For some stupid reason, the class action lawsuit didn't cover this year Honda. I will never buy another Honda!

I used to love to drive this car and I hate to give it up. Good on gas, great handling. Have had no other problems.

The transmission should not break down after 65k miles.

VERY safe car
By jconley78

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We were involved in a serious car accident a month ago. We were stopped in traffic on the hwy and a lady hit us in the rear without slowing down at over 70mph. We all walked away. Thank you Honda! No prior problems with the car, it was fantastic to drive. QUALITY all around. It was only a 4 cyl but because of the V-Tec engine it had the power PLUS the gas mileage. BUY HONDA!

SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY. Plus great gas mileage, looks great, all around quality built.

None. What a great car!

Grab your ankles kids
By NYRangers35

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda, first one was a 1990 automatic and gave it to my friend with 235,000 (original trans). Should have kept it. But the 02 Accord, my first trans went out at 88k, second 130k, and we're getting ready for #3. Will trade before #3 comes. Has 145k. It's a shame, other than routine maintenance (other than a crankshaft seal fix which was no big deal) everything else was OK. SRS light stays on because of fault drivers side seat belt sensor. They are warrantied for life but need a $100 diagnostic fee first. Honda did replace my first trans for nothing, 2nd one I paid $600 total. I know about cars and do change the tranny fluid. I knew I should have got the 5 speed.

6 Disc in dash changer, not bad gas mileage 23 city, 30 hwy driving under 80.

Honda please get it together with these transmissions, you should be ashamed of the hardship you are putting your loyal customers through.

I want to drive this off a cliff
By RicanZ24

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I begin. At 60k the transmission went out on me. At 80k I have a crack in my engine block so I had to replace it. I had replaced the 6 disc CD changer 3 times now. I hear so much about how reliable Hondas are but this car isn't proving it. I can't wait to get rid of it. This car has done nothing but cost me more and more money out of my pocket. The amount of money I had spent already I could have bought something else. I will never buy Honda again.

6 disc CD changer, Sun Roof

Have a life time warranty on their transmission and engine.