Used 2002 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 378 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

best mid-size sedan
By Joe from San Diego

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Accord (had a '92 Accord LX sedan w/ over 120k miles & have had no problems with it). It is amazing how Honda can improve on a car that is already great & very reliable. Improvements in technology (VTEC engine, safety, etc.), styling, & ergonomics are some of the things that I like about this car. What a joy it is to drive this car...it makes me realize how smart I am when I bought it.

Dashboard layout very user friendly. Power driver's seat & moonroof. Standard factory anti-theft & engine immobilizer. Remote keyless power door locks & trunk opener. Great CD & speakers. Exterior styling reflects the looks of a classic sedan. Nice alloy wheels. Horsepower of 150 is great!

ABS should have been standard.

My Honda
By Jenny

2002 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I think the honda looks good on the inside and out but I believe it is made very cheap. My car makes strange noises and my dealership tells me they can't fix it. I probably would not buy a honda again even though they are reliable.

I would improve the acceleration and handling.

Overall Great Car
By dawson123

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Honda because I drive a lot and I wanted good reliable transportation. The car has a great transmission shifts very smooth. It also has very good pickup for a 4 cylinder engine.

Reliability, Handling, Quality, 6 in dash cd player, & Sunroof

The cup holders are not good. The car also has a lot of road noise.

Blue's Candy
By Blue's Candy

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is an exceptionally built vehicle. The Honda quality is unsurpassable by many manufacturers. The ride is smooth and everything is laid out well within reach of the driver. It is a very user friendly vehicle and the 2.3L 4 cylinder engine is very economical especially in this time we are in now with soaring fuel prices. Modifications are abundant for this vehicle, but not necessary if you're like me and in your mid-thirties. The interior is spacious and has numerous features that come with the SE package. I am very impressed with this car and will be trading in my Ford Windstar for the Honda Odyssey.

I love the moonroof and the engine.

Seats could be a little more comforting, especially on long trips they have a tendency to beat you up.

Very reliable car
By Honda Fan

2002 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven it for 2.5 years has 50,000 miles on it, not a single problem on it so far. Replaced 4 tires at 38,000 miles. What surprised me was when I replace the brake pads at 44,000 miles, the car shop told me the pads on lt wore less than half, which means it's still good! What a brake!

Soud system.