Used 2002 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 378 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Dependable
By Single Lady

2002 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I brought my Honda Accord in 2002. This car has not let me down not once! The maintenance has been only oil changes, a set of tires and I just replaced the brakes at 95,000 miles. It's the car to all when you are a single lady.

My sunroof and the spoiler on the back.

Accord EX 2DR V6
By Jscanner1

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new, only problem I have had is that the drrivers' seat leather has split on 1 of the seams 3 times. Honda replaced 2 times without any problem. The V6 is nice at first it lacked a bit of responsiveness but a K & N air filter seemed to take car of it and may have helped the fuel economy a tiny bit, kind of hard to tell when you have a lead foot. This car is approaching 4 years old and 60k miles and still turns heads. I think the rear spoiler really sets off the looks. Mechanically everything has been smooth and that is great, especially since I don't baby this car and never have. But I do keep up the regular maintance which I'm sure will get this car 200K miles or more

The comfort of the seats, looks, 6 disc cd

Well a little more power but really how fast can we drive anyhow. Sun roof could open up more. But nice car.

Excellence
By Roger Millnitz

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Accord for 4 years now. It's only required the normal maintenance, with the exception of new brakes, front and rear. It's been a great car, and fun to drive. It's interesting to compare this with the first Accord I owned...a 1986 LX. I'd drive up into the Rockies at 45 mph, tops! This car cruises easily up the slopes at 70 mph, and isn't breathing hard. It has a sumptuous feel to it today, even four years after I bought it. I'd heartily reccomend an Accord to anyone who's quality conscious.

The feel of quality, inside and out. The handling, and the ergonomics.

Could be a bit quieter...especially on course pavement. The road noise.

Impressed
By First Accord

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After much research, I recently purchased a used 02 Accord. I am a diehard supporter of American cars, but after getting two lemons in a row from GM I was convinced to try Honda. So far, I am really impressed after 1,000 miles. There is one rattle in the dash, but should be an easy fix. Many complaints I have read about are nitpicks to the car - minus some tranmission issues. The tranny issues appear to be fixed. The V6 doesn't get the best gas mileage...but is one of the best engines I've driven. I now understand "silky smooth". For those that complain about gas mileage - get the 4 cylinder. For those that want to have a little fun scooting the family around - get the V6! Great car!

The V6 engine is great. Lots of storage, very roomy interior. ABS/Traction control have saved me more than once. 27.6 mpg on mostly highway driving is good for the power this V6 has. I think Honda worked out all the bugs for the 2002. Great used car buy!

These are nitpicks here, but: automatic headlights, external temperature, monochromatic rearview mirror - all options that can be purchased, but when looking at used you take what you can get.

Overall, great dependable car
By Megan

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2002 Accord EXL was my first new car purchase and I am very pleased. I knew that I needed a reliable car for at least the next five years and that's exactly what I got. Low maintainence, great fuel economy all in a package that is fairly classy. My only complaint is the pick-up -- I dont know if its just the reality of my car getting older, but my car's acceleration has decresed appreciably.