Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 244 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Solid Car
By gary from IL

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new 9 years ago. Now have 126M miles. It replaced a 1992 Accord my wife wrecked. The 1992 was a little smaller and more fun to drive. They keep making these Accords bigger and bigger. Honda replaced my transmission for free a few years back. Even gave me a rental for the day, so no sweat off my back. Great reliability, great interior design. Exterior is a little bland, especially compared to the new Accords. Driver seat hurts my old back after an hour or so. No rattles, no rust , no repairs except for normal maintenance. Mileage could be better, especially around town. Hope to drive it another 5 years until I can afford a new one!

Interior layout, reliability

More comfortable driver seat. Better Mileage. More sporty styling

My '01 Accord EX-L 5-Speed
By brad21ohio

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle with 101,000 miles on it for $7500. It is the EX 4cyl/manual transmission with leather package. It is a hard combo to find but well worth it. The car is loaded with safety and comfort features, the leather seats are VERY comfortable, the back seat is comfortable for two, and I love the audio controls on the steering wheel. I HIGHLY recommend the manual transmission with this car for several reasons. First, the automatic is well-know to be plagued by reliability issues, many people spend $3000+ replacing the transmission. The manual is trouble- free. Also, you can really squeeze the power out of this engine with the 5-speed, and the gas mileage is better.

Comfort, simple design of the interior is so easy to figure out, spacious interior, fuel economy, clean lines, good handling/comfort balance, huge trunk, decent stereo, wood trim, EXCELLENT visibility all the way around.

15 inch wheels are a little small for a car this size, 17s would look better and make the car handle better.

I just run and run
By Alain Boutin

2001 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Transmission misbehaved at 99.8K miles, warranty covered those models up to 100K miles ! The dealer replaced it for free. They replaced also the air bag for free. Noisy, stiff, it is a torture chamber. Both rear seat panels fell off. That is all. After 132K miles, the car still runs fine. That is what we expect from a car. To go from A to B. US market Honda are hard to repair in Canada. They are not even listed on their computer system. Relatively stable under slippery condition. Pedals too sensitive. It is a Canbox on 4 wheels. But a good Canbox.

Reliable (except the Automatic transmission)

Make them more comfortable, quieter

Hand-Me-Down Car
By GML

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My dad bought this car brand new in January 2001, and has had it for a little more than 9 and 1/2 years. Now, it's been handed down to me as my dad has gotten a new 2010 Accord. I've driven the car many times before my dad gave it to me. It's not a bad car. The ride is good and comfortable. The power is sufficient. The exterior style is a little boring, but I can deal. After 9 years in the family, it runs fine and I'll most likely keep it for another year or so before buying a new car for myself. As a hand-me-down car, it's good!

Fuel economy, large trunk, good visibility

Since 2001, Honda has improved the Accord's styling. The new models are nice and the styling is more exciting that the Accords of the early 2000s.

The best
By Mr. German

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

210,000 miles and it's still clicking. Regular maintenance done every 100,000 - timing belt and water pump. The V6 has lots of pep, still get 30-32 on the highway, mucho comfort with the leather power seats.

Reliable, V6, leather.

Don't need the fancy tires that come with it.