Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 245 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car!
By jp-chicago

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, it is one heck of a car for the price. Performance is amazing, and it handles great in snow. No Problems!

Interior is very roomie and comfortable

Taillights need separation, like the acura

Excellent car
By Bimal

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first hounda car. I bought it used and I must thank previous owner for his immaculate maintainence of the car. I have put on 20k miles on it in 15 months. I love this car and there is nothing that I feel, I would like to complain about it. One minor thing I noticed was in the city I get about 17 mpg. However on highways I have noticed more than 30 mpg as long as I stay around 70 mph (with ac/heater on). I highly recommend this car to everyone.

Interior layout, 6 CD in-dash changer, nice music system

CD player that plays MP3

A great car but could be quieter inside
By itsjen_again

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought as "certified" used vehicle w/ 5000 miles in 2003. Most impressed w/ reliability-now at 35000 miles and not a single problem or repair. Reliable family (of 4) vehicle with good gas mileage (26 mpg around town--4 cyl). Not too zippy, but handles well. Expected it to be a quieter ride; more wind/road noise than I like. Seats uncomfortable on long drives (>1 hr). Interior design no frills but well laid-out. Lots of trunk space and flexible cargo arrangement w/ the fold- down rear seat and rear seat port-hole (have used this feature many times). We need to move up to larger vehicle now (baby on way) so its good resale value is a plus. Overall satisfied with this car.

Interior lay out & console storage; large trunk, fold-down rear seat & port-hole

More comfortable seats, less interior road noise

Honda beware
By Mikkos

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've now had my Accord EX for 2 years now and I have started having transmission problems. First gears hestitates and shifts very hard. It's also really jerking when going up hills or coming to a stop. The sunroof rattles constantly when sunshade is open. I'm just disappointed with Honda. Everything else is good and I haven't had any other problems with it.

Keyless remote,sunroof, CD player. Great safety ratings.

Transmissions, sqeaky sunroof, horrible 4 cylinder.

Just bought it
By Walter Melnyk

2001 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this automobile three months ago and it contiues to amaze me. The car is comfortable, fun to drive and had the best five speed tranny that I 've ever experienced. Impressed with gas mileage. It is avering better than 25 in urban driving. So far so good, but without a doubt, this is the best automobile I've ever ownerd.

combination in-dash 6-cd changer/cassette player, five speed tranny, fuel economy, ride.

Can;t think of any.