Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 244 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

start of a trend
By Jen

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE my car! V6 is v. smooth/ great pick up. Had it over 4years & have replaced a faulty dashlight & recently the altenator. B/c I do all service w/my dealer I was given "goodwill credit" & paid only for labor/they pd. for the part. I saved over $200.00! I WILL buy another honda. No troubles in the NH winter, love the climate control. Acceleration is v. smooth, dash layout is v. ergonomic. I recommend this car to anyone looking for reliability, safety & an all around great car.

power seats, sunroof, steering wheel audio controls, trunk space/6 disc indash cd player/how comfortable the car is to drive/storage bins- everything!!

heated seats, better quality leather, mine is wearing on drivers' side where you "slide" into the seat. maybe tigher suspension for a more "sporty" drive/16 inch rims vs. 15.

Not the most reliable...
By chig

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a Honda due to excellent ratings and their reliability that you hear so much about. Had two expensive repairs. Had to have the tranmission replaced with low mileage. Honda covered and extended warranty to 100k. Also had a rear main seal that needed repaired with around 50k mileage. Honda refused to admit is was faulty design/workmanship even though all independent sources indicated otherwise. On the 2001 LX model, don't believe the hype that this car is the most reliable out there.

Large trunk, gets very good gas mileage in highway driving. Can get 34 range with favorable conditions.

Lights for climate control selection are hard to see in daylight.

Great Car
By Justin

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 previous models and this one by far is my favorite. It is a very nicely equipped car. Anyone wanting to buy one should not worry about getting a bad one because they all are a great vehicle.

My favorite is the 6 disc cd changer in the dash and the powered drivers seat.

None except maybe a little more leg room.

Yawwwwwnnnnnn.
By Xspark

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Honda car and I'm certain it's my last. My third car was a 1995 Honda Accord V6 EX and I thought it was just a bad year for Honda. My 2001 2 DR V6 Accord is a little better but the design and ride is still just average. The driver's seat seems loose. Everytime I brake or accelerate the seat rocks forward or backward. Dealer stated there are no problems with it so I guess it's just poor engineering. The car also seems to have difficulty finding the right gears in traffic. I'm always lurching forward or back because the automatic gears can't decide on an appropriate gear. I imagine this car will rust soon just like my other Honda's did. Time to look at other makes.

Back Seats fold down for items to fit in trunk like skiis

Improve the body design and add more power. Most Importantly - increase the reliability and fix the Rust problem

Great Car!
By jp-chicago

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, it is one heck of a car for the price. Performance is amazing, and it handles great in snow. No Problems!

Interior is very roomie and comfortable

Taillights need separation, like the acura