Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 244 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

300k miles and still going strong!
By jump man

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

purchased this car 3 years ago due to me reading good reviews about how reliable it is and the reviews were right. I put 25k miles per year on it. Super reliable, comfortable and drives great.. even in the snow. my cruise control doesn't work anymore which is a bummer but everything else works great. if you need a comfortable low maintenance car to get you from A to B this is the best bang for the buck.. I wonder if I could break a record and put 1,000,000 miles on it

CRAPPY TRANSMISSION!!
By mike

2001 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am on my 4th. Transmission with 186,000 miles its an ok car except the transmissions suck I have invested $8,500 in 15 years just on rebuilt transmissions 4 of them
I will not buy another Honda!!
Do your resarch on these cars if your planning on buying one

The cancer patient that still runs marathons
By yohahn_bravo

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Functional, loyal, comfortable, quick, efficient, all words that grace the pallet when I remember this once was automobile. The engine still revs to redline and pulls hard enough to emotionally destroy teenagers in 90's v6 Mustangs. The ride is firm without being harsh and seats firm and flat and lack support in some crucial places. This car handles snow like a champ embarrassing wanna be suvs. Every rose has its thorn and that would be its weak auto transmission. This transmission is like cancer slowly killing this car. Only 116,000 miles and cold shifts feel like a kid driving his fathers stickshift car on a date to impress a girl. This car pleads that there is nothing wrong with it and just wants to be driven. This car still goes 80 miles a day on the highway at around 85 mph without breaking a sweat. This car would be truly amazing if the transmission shifted like it used to. Unfortunately just like everyone's favorite relative one day this cancerous transmission will kill my beautiful Accord and I'll just have the memories of what once was.

Owned for 13 years and counting...
By Pat

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2002 with 35,000 mils on it. I just hit 273,000 miles and this baby is still going strong. The wheel wells are starting to get body rot, but I have nothing negative to say about this car.

EGR Valve problems
By sg15

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way the car drives. I would have given better ratings if it weren't for a couple of reliability issues:
1) The EGR valve warning has been a recurring problem. The first time at 74K miles I did not know Honda had a TSB to replace it and replace a tube with a wider tube. I got the valve replaced at a repair chain. Through its TSB Honda increased its warranty to 80K miles. Now, the EGR valve warning is back at 87K miles. Honda refuses to cover this under warranty. There is a lot of discussion about this problem on the web. Clearly there is a problem with Honda's EGR valves. I think Honda should stand by its products. I don't understand why number of years matters for this.

Stand by your products un-conditionally when you know there is a problem with some components. E.g., (1) EGR valve. (2) wheel bearings