Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 244 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Good car
By wrdrennan

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I picked the Honda Accord for reliability and safety. The 2001 Accord offers good, but not great mileage. The ride is reasonably smooth and the EX offers 6-CD changer, certainly a plus. Handling on the vehicle is acceptable, but a bit of a dissapointment. Stopping distances seem a little long to me, especially if the anti-locks kick in. Turning isn't as smooth as I'd like either. The exterior, as with Hondas offers no excitment, but one cannot complain about top safety ratings and few-- in fact no mechanical problems at 65000 miles.

CD changer with cassette, cruise, power windows, doors, nice interior trim, adjustable seat height

I would think Honda could do better with the handling. They probably have since 2001. I rented a Cadillac Deville. No contest, Caddy wins by a mile.

68000 mile review
By Liberty_05

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Accord is the perfect all-around sedan for those who cannot afford a BMW (or those smart enough not to invest their hard earned money into rapidly depreciating assets at luxury prices). The Accord is sporty enough with a peppy engine and taut suspension to be really fun to zip around in. The car comfortably fits our family of four and has been a great stop-and-go hauler around town as well as a great highway touring sedan. Mechanically the car has been flawless. We have only had to replace a battery, oil and filters. The biggest drawback has been the length and turning radius making it sometimes difficult to park

Fun to drive. Black paint with dark tinted windows (optional) looks great. Back-end of '01 Accords look much better than the "improved" look of the current Accords.

More powerful A/C.

Accord
By Lenny Mai

2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 01 Lx V6 coupe and my cousin has a 2000 TL. believe me the interior is very much alike leather and trim. Accord is the fun car to drive even though it lacked in speed, but after some basic modifications it can be real tough competitor with the 3.0liter SOHC 24valve

In-car garage opener, 6 disc CD changer, moonroof

Make it an AWD. Make V6 stickshift give more HP

i love my car
By pk

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my V6 Accord since she was brand new. I drive a LOT - nearly 30,000 miles per year, and I haven't yet had a problem with this car. Even after putting diesel in the gas tank (gas station's fault) she just keeps on keepin' on. The service department at the dealership has always been courteous and helpful when I take her in for scheduled maintenence. I have nothing bad to say about my car.

Comfortable interior - I'm short, so no problem with leg room. Rear spoiler - I have seen this car without it, and it just looks naked. Folding rear seat and roomy trunk - HUGE trunk holds a lot of stuff. I brought home an 8' ladder from Home Depot!

I probably wouldn't choose plood trim, but it was in the car that was on the lot, and I wanted it that day. My interior is mostly charcoal, but with a few wood accents that I would change to charcoal or metal or something besides plood.

V6 coupe better than any domestic by far
By Jon

2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With gas prices so high I'd get the V4 instead but the V6 can keep up with any domestic coupe. The ride quality is outstanding and as always it's very reliable. Get the recalled transmission fixed (free at Honda) and the performance and already smooth ride improves. This is my 3rd Accord in a row and until they disappoint me I'll keep on getting them.

Cancel button for the cruise control on the steering wheel so you don't have to tap the brakes. Dual compartment center console. Rear seat beverage holders.

Change the roof pillars. They create an aweful blindspot.