Used 2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Ed's Review of 01 Accord
By Ed

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I have ever owned. It has been flawless. I have had regular services performed as recommended and had the brakes serviced at ~60,000 miles.

Smooth, stable ride. Good acceleration for a 4 cylinder engine.

Good except the transmission
By Dave

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Accord is a fun to drive practical car. The transmission was always a little jumpy, but the longer we have had the car, the more severe the shifts to second (especially downshifting) have become. When the car is cold it is downright scary. I have had the car in to check out the transmission twice and the dealer says that that is normal for a Honda. I am considering a Acura next, but my reservation is the transmission. Love the cars, but Honda should really do something about the transmission. Recall???

Ride has very nice balance of sport and bump absorption.

A transmission which works properly. It ruins an otherwise nice car.

a superb automobile
By john szewczuk

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has performed flawlessly for all 67,000 miles. The only maintenance I have performed on it is factory suggested oil changes, tune ups, and a brake job. And at 67,000 miles this car has the ride of a new car!

The accuracy of the cruise control The features of the locking system No radio antenna-crystal clear reception

As I am getting older, and bigger, it would be nice to have more interior space. I average anywhere from 20 to 25 miles per gallon. It would be great to improve on that.

Very Solid Vehicle
By OoltewahBoy

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Accord. I have a big V-8 truck and this is a nice change from it. It has 130,000 mile on it and it starts, runs, performs like it has 50,000 miles on it. The only complaint that I have is a bit of a strange shifting, driver window glass seems loose, and a slightly squeaky driver's seat. Otherwise excellent! I would buy another one.

Driving position, steering wheel design, gas mileage, handling, turning radius, front passenger comfort, moonroof.

Work on when tranny shifts, more solid door glass/motors, and seat.

Great Honda Except The Transmission
By Love My Honda

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased Accord LX 4dr V6 brand new back in Nov '00 as a '01 model. The v6 engine is so smooth you won't even notice unless you press the gas pedal hard to the floor, then the muffler resonates. Available supercharger upgrades by Comptech makes the car even more fun. I am putting a lil' over 75,000 Mi by now (Sept '06). Thus far no problem with the car except the transmission kinda hunting when I press the pedal hard to the floor.I am planning to keep the car for another 5 yrs since I love it plus all the memories I've had with the car so I will add comptech supercharger to upgrade the power. Probably gotta check the transmission too. Maybe need an overhaul. I am getting 21-24mpg combined.

Smooth V6 Engine, dual exhaust, Handling, 6 speakers, Rear-disk brakes, Engine plastic cover, Safety (friend of mine got hit hard from behind! The Altima was heavily damage, The accord spare tire compartment bent in but bumper went back to the orig. position as the car was never hit except paint peel

More responsive transmission like the BMWs, Good-looking Interior, Larger diameter rear-disk brake, Better paint quality, Wider tires and wheels.