Used 2000 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Disappointing reliability
By denc13

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bouth my 00 Accord EX V6 more than 5 years ago new, and the reliability of the car was very disapointing. Right after the warranty expired, things started breaking down. The major repairs include alternator replacement, power steering pump replacement, EGR valve replacement, now a belt tensioner replacement. All within 30 thousand miles after the warranty ended and do not include a slew of minor repairs in the moonroof, door locks, etc. Very disappointed in Honda, especially considering the "legendary reliability" premise I bought the car on and has been much worse than any of the cars I owned or are currently in my household. This was the first and will the last Honda I ever own.

Great steering feel and precision, automatic transmission downshifts if you break when going downhill-you don't have to use the breaks as much to control the speed. Good straightline stability on the highway. Great ergonomics of all of the controls. Honda service is very good.

Reliability and quality control (I'd repeat that 10 times). Handling is so-so - the front of the car's too heavy and there's too much understeer even for a FWD. Stock tyres/rims should be wider and have better traction to handle to torque and weight of the V6. Breaks could be stronger too.

GREAT CAR
By Erik Orue

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car is the funnest thing to drive. It has a surprisingly powerful 4 cylinder engine. The front end of the car is a little boring but the back end is so cool. Nothing has ever gone wrong with my Honda. It's the greatest. Although the interier design is a little boring the engine makes up for it. And the sunroof should slide all the way back in stead of stopping almost half way.

ACCELERATION! back end exterior looks cool, handling, gas mileage. I highly recommend this car

Sunroof slide back all the way, front end of car needs a little spunk. Interior design is a little boring. Make it look a little youthful

My 1st Terrible Honda
By Len

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I had been a Honda owner for many years when I bought this car. I always loved their reliability. This car was an exception. I have needed to replace the steering column, rotors, oxygen sensors, and more, all well before they should have needed it. I am just hoping the transmission holds out for the year when I plan to sell it. Many of these repairs took several visits to different mechanics to fix. The verdict--Honda is great with the basic models, but stay away from the high-end stuff. I think that the Accord infrastructure just wasn't built to handle the weight and power of the V6 EX package.

Good pickup

Reliability, better knowledgebase for mechanics to fix problems right the first time. Cleaner-shifting transmission.

Seats
By Doris

2000 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I found the seats a little hard. I think Honda should do a survey to new customers after they have owned their cars for about a year and ask what they like the least so they could perhaps improve on it or change it. Overall, Hondas are very good cars.

Gas mileage and convenient dash design.

Seats are hard. They could have more cushioning.

I'd buy another
By ak145

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Purchased a Honda for the first time used. I am very pleased with the car. Very minor problems, alternator, emmisions valve, all covered under waranty. In each instance the dealer worked with me with no hassles. Honda service is nothing like dealing with the Chevy house. I have had good luck with repairs, and the car is always ready when it is supposed to be.

Leather seats, radio controls on the steering wheel, Great AC(car is in TX), nice ride on the highway, good acceleration and excellent stopping. Very smooth car. I get nothing but compliments on this car.

Transmission could shift a little smoother.