Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 260 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

150K and still drives like new
By gjken

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 2000 and it is definately without question the best car that I have ever owned.
The most expensive part of owning this car is tire replacement.
I am currently on my 4th set.
I do oil changes at 3K, changed out the O2 sensor's at 100K, replaced the battery twice, timing belt and F/R brakes at 105K, had refrigerant added at 105K, flushed the antifreeze twice, brake fluid changed three times, transmission oil changed 3 times (manual 5 speed), recently had a ball joint replaced.
Replaced the wires/plugs at 105K.
Currently have 150K on this car and expect that it will easily go another 150K without any major
problems.

Reliability, handing, and decent performance for a 4 banger. I also find the car ergonomic.

Nothing that I can think of.

268K and still driving great
By kcinga1

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in Sept of 2001 during the honda clearance event.
When I first got it, I used to have probs with the EGR valve every 40K or so.
But then they finally recalled and the problem was fixed.
I think I've been through 3 alternators.
No engine/tranny work.
Replaced brakes a lot because I'm a rough driver.
I drive @ 120 miles daily rt to work.
I'm in Georgia so I can't really say how it handles cold weather, but it's been a champ in the extreme heat.
About three years ago, I had freon added to the AC because it wasn't getting as cold as it should.
It's great now.

Essentially, this car is extremely reliable and still has good get up and go. Everyone who gets in it never suspects the high mileage (268K) and is always impressed that it still drives like a new car. I will say that I have to give it some idle time before I start driving it now. The engine used to be good to go immediately after I started it. But I live in the country and the speed limit starts at 55 mph. Then I get on HWY @ 80 mph, so not much city driving. Maybe 2 city miles @ 35-45 5 days a week.

I'm convinced this car may last forever. My mechanic says that if anything, I may need to replace the tranny at some point, but the engine should last forever. I LOVE this car. I'm still amazed it has been so dependable.

Love this car!
By idahoguy248

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 Honda Ex with 100000 miles on it.
It now has 165000 and runs like new.
I havent had to do anything to it except change the oil ever 3k miles.
Dont know if tranny was replaced before I bought it but I dont think it was.
Honda hit the nail on the head with this car.
Easy on the eyes and wallet.
Plan to drive another 100k.

None

2000 Honda Accord -- Dependable? :/
By danielmchick

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

The transmission is terrible in this car. I mean, absolutely terrible. Honda's claim at reliability is totally false-especially with this year model range.

I purchased the car two years ago, and I'm very lucky I got that much out of it. I had the standard transmission failure that most experience: first gear shifts hard when going to second. Finally, the car went into fourth gear and stayed there; it wouldn't shift down unless I used the gear shifter; even then I only had access to first and second gear.

Cost to fix it? $1500. Even then the repairman said the car would go through the same process three or so years from then because of an inherent defect in the design.

Don't buy this car.

Sporty feel, tight handling even ten years after initial purchase, great gas mileage.

TRANSMISSION.

Still runs like new
By bobh

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new, and still drive it ~80 miles RT each day to work. Just turned 254,000 miles. Original trans, exhaust, motor, etc. Had to replace wiper linkage and catalytic converter last summer. Otherwise, no significant issues.

Very smooth ride, great gas mileage.

None