Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 260 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

So easy to drive
By howardc64

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

This car is so easy to drive. You feel like it is driving itself. You feel firm and in control with the car interpreting every steering input precisely. Reliability is as advertised. In 5 years of ownership, I have had 1 failure (light for the clock, $3 part and trivial to replace)

Precise steering and chassis. Firm seats

Wish the looks of the Accord can approach the European automobile's clean lines.

It's not great but not bad
By Decent car

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

The transmission has a lot to be desired. It has been replaced once and is still acting up. The body is flimsy (dented by someone leaning against the fender. The paint is terrible (does not hold up well to pebbles and road debris. Will not hold an alignment for too long. One bright light quick working (replaced bulb and still doesn't work). Gas gage has never read full even when filled to the brim.

It has started everytime and the gas mileage is decent.

Reliable transmission and better paint!

Nice car, but could be better.
By Stephen from MD

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This car has excellent power, especially by comparison to other cars in its class. The leather seats are nice, but not quite adjustable enough for a driver my height (6'3"). The same goes for the steering wheel which is way too close to the top of my knees even after raising all the way up, forcing my legs into a somewhat awkward position and not being able to extend the steering wheel stinks. These last two problems may have been fixed on the newest model (2005). The sound system isn't the best either as the sound still sounds a bit muted at all volumes. All in all it's a pretty good car for the price I paid.

Engine power, temperature controls, smooth ride even over bumpy roads, and cost versus features.

Better tires as factory tires don't have much grip on wet roads, better adjusting/telescoping steering wheel, better fuel economy (19 mpg on average is way too low), greater adjustability of seats, and dual seat heaters on both front seats. A better transmission that doesn't slip so much.

I'd buy another
By ak145

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Purchased a Honda for the first time used. I am very pleased with the car. Very minor problems, alternator, emmisions valve, all covered under waranty. In each instance the dealer worked with me with no hassles. Honda service is nothing like dealing with the Chevy house. I have had good luck with repairs, and the car is always ready when it is supposed to be.

Leather seats, radio controls on the steering wheel, Great AC(car is in TX), nice ride on the highway, good acceleration and excellent stopping. Very smooth car. I get nothing but compliments on this car.

Transmission could shift a little smoother.

Honda - Best vehicle I've ever owned
By Brian

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord used with 83,000 miles on it. Still with that mileage, it drives and is rattle free like it was brand new. the car now has 94000 miles on it and other than oil changes, I've done nothing to it, unlike my 1994 Thunderbird that I had before it. I've owned many cars over the years and have always found the Japanese cars to be better built and extremely reliable compared to any "American" car I've owned. I don't think I'll go back to an American name plate again.

I love the exterior styling of my Coupe. The seats hug you and are very comfortable. The Stereo has great sound for being the LX, and I like the A/C set up and controls.

None! I love my car !