Used 2000 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best purchase
By Dom

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car early of September this year to replace my Plymouth breeze. This car is great to look at, fun to drive, gets impressive gas mileage even when driven not so responsibly, and easy to work on. I've timed my 0-60 with the 5 speed at about 7.1 seconds, give or take a few milliseconds. The car looks mean, feels nice, and when you shift just right, ooh it gives me tingles. Only trouble i've gotten so far is i need to replace my struts, and my driver side window regulator went so the window only goes up until there's 1/4 inch to go, and i just use my hand to put it up the rest, just can't bump my sound system without it falling down again! Buy this car!

5 speed, power everything, vtec, handles amazing, 4 wheel disc brakes

more power to those front wheels, this car is begging to be driven fast

8 years of fine
By Jeffery Allen

2000 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

Had car for 8 years and a half. Original battery is still in the car. Had to replace the alternator for bad bearings. Did so with Honda parts. Never had a issue with the car. Interior is fine, all accessories have been excellent. roomy trunk, good room up front and the rear seat. Paint is great, I still get comments on the shine in the red. Engine really stays clean. Purchased the car with 30,500 miles on it in Feb. 2002. Great buy and possibly resell it soon and will get a great resell amount. So 8 years for $60 a month for the time owned. EXCELLENT

power seat, gas tank and trunk lid, remote for doors and trunk.

The only one 1 I can think of is he arm rest on the door. There needs to be a stronger backing in it.

Great car with some problems
By healnghanz

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Transmission was recalled. Honda replaced it but the new tranny leaks. The factory radio stinks. No spacial imaging and weak power. Eats 1 qt oil every three weeks and the dealer says its normal. I think the engine was a lemon but the dealer just snowed us. However, aside from these problems, the car is wonderful. Interior comfortable leather. Just a pleasure to ride. The Hallmark of this car is its visibility. Its a pre raked non wedge design that lets you have total visibility. Perfect in that regard.

Heater ac controls are nice. Tranny is smooth. Good power.

Tranny defective. Oil consumption issues. Brakes always seem to stink on the hondas in terms of wear. Its their Achilles heel and they don't want to fix the problem. Factory sound on an ex is a travesty.

My Favorite Car Ever
By ErinS

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car is probably the best I've ever owned. While it may not be the "sports car" I've owned in the past (although the coupe model does help) it handles better than any of the others I've owned. This the first Honda I've had and I don't think I will ever buy another make again. The reliability is unbelievable! 169K miles and still going strong! I hate to give it up, but it's time to upgrade to my next Honda!

Leather, power seat, 40/60 folding back seats, V6 engine

CD player won't play burned CDs

Great Car!
By G*Luck

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord new in 2000. It currently has 227,000 miles on it and still runs great. The car has always had the scheduled maintenance done by the dealer and I have only had to replace the alternator (2007) and the starter (2009). The gas mileage isn't fabulous but the quality, durability and reliability far exceeds my expectation for any car.