Used 2000 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Good Choice
By Atlfan

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchase this car with 70k mi and now have 180k mi. I must say Honda does built quality cars, but there are issues. It is well known about the transmission issue. I had mine replaced at 120,000 and Honda shared the cost with me, no complaints there. The transmission still has a very weird shifting pattern, always has, always will. Wind noise from the front windows is a factor, but I understand updated molding from Honda corrects this. Love the leather interior and overall quality of cabin,(nothing rattles). Bland look on outside, but it is a family sedan.

quality driving experience, feels solid. Audio control knobs on wheel. Air Side bags(way to go H)

Transmission needs better shifting pattern. Intermittent windshield wipers stop when at red stop light, then resume when you press the accelerator(I hate that) EGR ports clogs every 60K mi are so.

Excellent Choice
By Nancy

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and now have about 140,000 miles on it. I plan to keep it until the wheels fall off, which may take quite a while. It still runs and looks great! This car has more room in the back seat than some full size cars. I get at least 27 mpg hwy, sometimes more. SRS light was on for about a year and then Honda recognized that this was a basic safety feature and offered a recall, full replacement of defective sensor. I often travel on my job and can always rely on my car to get me there without any problems.

Favorite feature are the easy to reach controls, radio controls on the steering wheel. Moonroof is standard, nice feature.

The tail lights have a pink tint, ugly! Replaced these with some aftermarket euro lights. Also the radio only has a CD player and I listen to a lot of books on tape. Had to replace the radio with one that would play tapes.

Car has been babied from day one.
By WILLIAM FLOREZ

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is a durable and a very comfortable automobile that will be around for a long time. All the service has been done to this car and it still runs like it's new.

Everything works.

New tires. It has some door nicks due to some people that do not like to see a car that is well taken always looking pretty.

2000 is the one bad year
By mcadoo11

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love Honda Accords and owned the 1984 version for well over a dozen years but my 2000 Accord has been a bust, as the engine had to be replaced with just 64,000 miles on it. Consumer Reports show it is the one bad year for Accords.

Best Car to buy!
By A

2000 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I've owned many cars over the years. I am talking about Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes, Infinity, and of course Honda. I have a Honda Accord and even though the other cars that I've owned have served me well- my honda is MY favorite. In 60, 000 miles I have only changed the rotors and brakes, and the oil. Not that I am negligent- just that the car asks for little attention- it does it all and well! I am hating the fact that later on in life I will have to change cars and not be able to buy a new 2000 Honda Accord- I would've loved to buy two- keep one in the garage until I need it. The new models look great but the one I have is the best car to buy.

Fun to drive. Very reliable!

More power needed if anything needs improvement.