Used 1999 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Keep shopping
By Cynthia

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought a 99 Honda Accord EX V6 Engine, three months ago. When I bought the car it had 64,000 miles. Less than 2 months later the transmission went on me...what a headache when you are 200 miles from home. There has also been several recalls on the vehicles ignition switch. Even after having the ignition completely replaced, my key would get stuck in the ignition...another headache. I brought it back to the dealership 4x for the same problem. Finally, or so I hope, they have pin-pointed that when the tranny was replaced, the gear shifter was not aligned properly (???) which caused the key to get stuck. Let's see what happens. In any event, I am frustrated with all the problems I have.

The only feature I do like is the sunroof and audio volume keys on the steering wheel, whoop-ee!

Heated seats...Also, I feel like I am sitting on a mountain as I am driving, the seats are so high up even when adjusted to the lowest manual setting.

Driving Ms. Honda
By MRV

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '99 Accord EX 5-speed new and have changed the oil every 3K miles and kept up with other routine maintenance. When I did my maintenance I only used Honda parts and found everthing to last tremendously longer than the OEMs. Second set of front brakes lasted 70K, back 77K. This was my second Accord...some thief liked my '96. This car is worth every penny I and the insurance company paid...I currently have nearly 100K miles and I still get awesome gas mileage...29 city/36 highway...better than the guesstimate from Honda. Oh yea...every once in a while I think about getting rid of it but then I get in it and am reminded why I love it. And at $3.00/gallon, the mileage can't be beat

Mileage, mileage, mileage!

Reliable Car
By gyori

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I was looking to buy a reliable car. I did my research and the Accord seemed like a good bet. I was right. So far, the only problem I've had is the alternator went bad. I change the oil every 3K miles and the car performs well. The leather interior is very comfortable. The auto temp air conditioner is great and very cold. Unlike, most cars I've had, this car hasn't had the "little" problems (interior falling apart) that come with time. Everything is where it's supposed to be. The handling could be better, but it is a family sedan after all. Overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Interior comforts. Reliablity. V6- 200hp engine.

The stock sound system get a 3 on my 1- 10 scale. Fuel economy-17mpg.

great reliable suprisingly quiet car
By p g

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

this car has been very reliable. timing belt was the only major service done since 60K miles. It is quiet and nice with the right tires on it.

1999 Accord EX
By Topgun

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Love the styling of the two door EX coupe but will never buy a two door again. Getting into the back seat is a chore. Transmission started acting up at 120k at that point the car was traded. Brakes on this car are total junk. The rotors warp which leads to vibration under braking. Interior quality is marginal. Overall, I enjoy driving the car and have never regretted getting the 4-cylinder engine.

overall styling, engine